JUSTICE LEAGUE In All Kinds of Trouble?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE In All Kinds of Trouble?

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

Tough to envision an ensemble movie working with a running time of 100 minutes sans 10 minutes of end credits...this thing must have really been overhauled in post-production to run that short.

Not that I'm going to pay to see this, either way. :lol:

Monterey Jack

#17 Post by Monterey Jack »

Hey, I'd rather watch a terrible 100-minute movie than a terrible 150-minute movie...

AndyDursin

#18 Post by AndyDursin »

I'd rather not watch it at all. lol

Hey I'm all for shorter super-hero films, but having the shortest superhero movie of recent times be an ensemble film is not a good sign, especially one with as many characters as this and as overhauled as it reportedly was. Likely 100 minutes of FX and quips and nothing else.

mkaroly

#19 Post by mkaroly »

The trailer makes this movie look bad: all action, no character development. Too much going on...too much visual "noise." I feel like if I go see it in the theaters I will come home with a throbbing headache from the music, special effects, and sound track. Easy pass for me.

AndyDursin

#20 Post by AndyDursin »

Getting in line now! :D
Fatigue, repetition and a laborious approach to exposition are the keynotes of this affair, which is also notable for how Ben Affleck, donning the bat suit for the second time, looks like he'd rather be almost anywhere else but here; his eyes and body language make it clear that he's just not into it.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... ew-1057114

AndyDursin

#21 Post by AndyDursin »

Box office opening under THOR, definite sign of fatigue and bad word of mouth.

KevinEK

#22 Post by KevinEK »

Maybe cooler heads will prevail at WB and finally put a stop to this franchise.
I guess they could make another Wonder Woman, as that got some good attention (although the movie itself was frankly a bit "meh" for my taste).
But they really could take a hint from Universal's attempt at rebooting the monster movies and just stop doubling down on a bad idea.

AndyDursin

#23 Post by AndyDursin »

Way too late for that lol. I mean I'd be the first one to cancel the AQUAMAN movie but it's shooting now!

They could axe the current iterations of Batman and Superman, which they may do because Affleck's displeasure is widely known, and put a stop to the other standalones...which I think we said was a bad idea from the getgo.

I still wonder how far down the rabbit hole they are to really make a full course correction with AQUAMAN already happening.

Monterey Jack

#24 Post by Monterey Jack »

This is like WB's Vietnam...they've invested too much time and money to pull out now, they'd rather just put MORE money into reshoots to add more jokes. :roll:

AndyDursin

#25 Post by AndyDursin »

You can only imagine how dark the first version of this movie was.

In hindsight, you almost wish they made the Wolfgang Petersen film ways back...sounded more fun than the Snydervision approach which has basically doomed Warner at this point.

KevinEK

#26 Post by KevinEK »

Depending on how bad Aquaman is (and it appears to be terrible),WB will have a choice to make. I’d recommend they take the Dark Tower approach and just do a quick release followed by home video and hope for the best. The other movies are only in pre-production or development, so it will be a giant cost saver (and a mercy to everyone) to scrap them. If WB doesn’t do this, they’re potentially looking at bankruptcy in short order. Even if their ego won’t permit them to admit it, the accounting issue will win out in the end.

This was frankly a bad idea from the beginning, and WB’s refusal to admit it is now costing them dearly. And it should.

AndyDursin

#27 Post by AndyDursin »

It's especially bad when you consider WONDER WOMAN actually did do well so they had some momentum there. Not even her showing up in a movie with DC's biggest heroes could help this opening.

In addition to audience oversaturation and bad vibes leftover from Warner's other DC bombs, I think the fact Warner has totally failed in relaunching SUPERMAN twice now is key to the failure of this whole thing. You either embrace what Superman is...as the Salkind films did...or you face the total fail of Singer and Snyder's "vision". It's not what Superman is, it's not what the fans want to see, and when your main big hero isn't treated right, you end up with a vacuum like JUSTICE LEAGUE.

The other part of it is -- they already threw Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman together in BATMAN V SUPERMAN, and it stank, so some people may feel like they've already seen this. Does anyone care about Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash -- especially when there's already a Flash on TV?

Monterey Jack

#28 Post by Monterey Jack »

It was surprisingly alright. B-minus. Nice to hear hints of Elfman's Tim Burton Batman theme in there.

Monterey Jack

#29 Post by Monterey Jack »

Also nice they cast Leland Gaunt as Commissioner Gordon. :)

"The alien from Krypton? I met him once. Promising young man...he died badly."

AndyDursin

#30 Post by AndyDursin »

Interesting stats: