The Lone gunmen - DVD discrepancy!!!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
scorehead

The Lone gunmen - DVD discrepancy!!!

#1 Post by scorehead »

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that 3 of the episodes on the Lone Gunmen DVD compilation are missing off of the 2nd disc, with side one completely gone only to repeat what's on side 2 of the disc? Series episodes; "Madam, I'm adam," "Planet of the Frohikes" and "Maximum Byrers" are no where to be found on any of the discs. Has anyone else noticed this? What a burn - and these DVD series aren't cheap either.

Feeling REALLY ripped off,

Scorehead!

Eric W.

Re: The Lone gunmen - DVD discrepancy!!!

#2 Post by Eric W. »

scorehead wrote:Hi,

Has anyone noticed that 3 of the episodes on the Lone Gunmen DVD compilation are missing off of the 2nd disc, with side one completely gone only to repeat what's on side 2 of the disc? Series episodes; "Madam, I'm adam," "Planet of the Frohikes" and "Maximum Byrers" are no where to be found on any of the discs. Has anyone else noticed this? What a burn - and these DVD series aren't cheap either.

Feeling REALLY ripped off,

Scorehead!
That entire series made me feel REALLY ripped off. I hated the way those characters were ultimately handled.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Scorehead --
They're there on my review copy. Is this a widespread problem, or did you just get a copy that was defectively manufactured?

scorehead

#4 Post by scorehead »

Thanks Andy, although your reply has me more perplexed and frusterated, now knowing it's obvioulsy an isolated issue.

I don't know if it's a widspread problem, but it is there in the set that I bought. I haven't done too much looking into this, other than a quick Google search and posting an inquiry on your site - thinking that someone here might have experenced that same thing. Specifically - it would be the first side of the 2nd disc - which just repeats the content of it's side two.

I've checked this disc more times than I can remember and know that I haven't missed anything.

Anyone else have any info.

Thanks,

Scorehead

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Very strange. Can you send it back? My 2nd disc definitely has unique episodes on the two sides, no repeats for sure.

scorehead

#6 Post by scorehead »

I broke down and took the set of DVD's back to where I purchased them and got a replacement that was void of the problems. So it appears to be an isolated case - how widespread, I've no clue. I wouldn't even have known where to send it back to or who to report such a case too, but FOX should be aware of it.

What a pain,

Scorehead!

scorehead

#7 Post by scorehead »

Andy,

You mentioned in your column two weeks ago that you were going to review The Lone Gunmen DVD set - what happened to that review?

Understandably curious,

Scorehead!

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Scorehead,
I opted to carry it over as a capsule for the magazine column, which I literally just finished. The set was nice, but I was never really a big aficionado of the series...kind of seemed stuck between X-Files leftovers and its own intentions.

Then again, it wasn't all bad -- something that couldn't be said for the final days of THE X-FILES!