HITCHER Remake Details

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

HITCHER Remake Details

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Michael Bay is the man bringing back THE HITCHER. He hopes to make the lead a female, and once again Jessica Biel's name is being thrown around.

After TEXAS CHAINSAW and AMITYVILLE HORROR, I have absolutely no hope this movie will turn out well.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5477.html

The original rocks and is available in a kickin' 2-disc Special Edition DVD in England (and I believe some other European territories as well). Re-watch that one instead!!

romanD

#2 Post by romanD »

well, I liked TCM remake... mostly because it took the whole thing serious... the survivors (or what`s left of them) are not happy and giggling at the end, but have a nervous breakdown... I thought that alone sets it apart from other teenie horror movies...

with HITCHER... it is a great movie, hardly I can see why to remake it, because you can`t really add anything new or better to it. It doesnt suffer from bad effects or bad actors. So, hard to improve something that it is perfect the way it is... it has not even dated... with Bay as the producer it probably will feature a lot of senseless car chases...

and Im sure the turn the tone down... the truck-jennifer-leigh-sequence for sure wont have the same outcome this time!!! That is one of the biggest shocks of all time in my opinion...

still I wonder why writer Eric Red and director Mark Harmon only made crap after this brilliant movie.