Lucas Confirms STAR WARS DVD Box Set (Again) Plus More

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
MarkB

#16 Post by MarkB »

Personally, I have a gut feeling that these new releases will just be a repackaging of the old ones. I think the "new" editions are probably a few years off yet. Again, just a gut feeling.

I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone else, so I'll bring it up here. In the Making of Episode III book, it says that Lucas had Rob Coleman and his team, as a warmup for their efforts on SITH, replace the puppet Yoda in Episode I with a new, CGI one. I'm still against Lucas' continued tampering with the original trilogy, but this particular change doesn't bother me.

Mark

MarkB

#17 Post by MarkB »

Q-BanditZ wrote:
mkaroly wrote:None of the above posts surprise me- all I'm really interested in at this point is the possibility of having complete scores on CD for Episodes II and III. I had a feeling last year that he'd release another box set once Episode III came out on DVD- I should have waited. I still have the box set of original CAV Laserdiscs of the original trilogy (unmarred by digital re-editing). Those things are a TREASURE! I also saved the original releases of the remastered versions that hit theaters back in the day. I just find George Lucas to be so frustratingly difficult to respect.
The next step for Star Wars music, finally, should be either SACD and/or DVD-A treatment. Full high-rez multichannel audio.
I agree. And I have a feeling (again) that a SACD release is coming eventually, since Sony did go through the trouble of remastering the original trilogy soundtracks using DSD. That was the main reason I didn't bother to buy those new editions.

Mark