BASIC INSTINCT 2 composer is John Scott!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
romanD

BASIC INSTINCT 2 composer is John Scott!

#1 Post by romanD »

another case of HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? Lalo for x3, Scott for BI2? Well, ok, with BI2: RISK ADDICTION (what a funny title!) Im sure there was no one else who wanted to do it.
And as the movie is shot in the UK I guess they have to use a british composer... so Trevor Jones has for sure better projects coming up, Shearmur and Arnold, too or rather do nothing, Kamen is dead, so who's left? Michael J. Lewis would have been cool or Colin Towns who wrote a kick-ass score for CRIMSON RIVERS 2...

I mean, Scott has done some great stuff, but him for this now? They surely pay him well and at his age he doesnt have to care about such a thing on his resume anymore... still I guess the score will get replaced by MV at the end...

oh my... why do they do this movie anyway? Isn't it funny how you can judge the quality of a movie with a look at the composer the most? I mean, at some point JNH was rumored to do BI2.. then I was like "well, maybe it wont be that bad after all!" now with Scott it's "Oh my, it must be worse than I ever thought!"... still the score probably will be cool, much better than this SHOWGIRLS 2006 will deserve...

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

This is also, likewise, bizarre.

But it also sounds like a cost-cutting move...when was the last major movie Scott even scored?

Musically, though, I'm all for it. We know what most composers would score for the film...is it possible, though, that Scott will reprise some of Goldsmith's themes and they wanted an "old school" guy who could handle those chores?

Eric W.

#3 Post by Eric W. »

If it's from John Scott, it'll be a must-buy.

I just can't believe they're really making Basic Instinct 2 (?!) WTF is it even going to be about?

I'm really happy to see Scott get a "mainstream title" like this and I hope he runs wild on it. I'm sure the movie will be complete trash, though.

I also can't wait to hear what Lalo is going to do on X3. That'll probably be another must-buy as well.

romanD

#4 Post by romanD »

when jnh was still attached to it it said Score by JNH, themes by Jerry Goldsmith... so maybe scott will even just adapt Goldsmith's score? something I would like to have if I was the director! :-) no one will ever top that score, so better adapt it!

Eric W.

#5 Post by Eric W. »

romanD wrote:when jnh was still attached to it it said Score by JNH, themes by Jerry Goldsmith... so maybe scott will even just adapt Goldsmith's score? something I would like to have if I was the director! :-) no one will ever top that score, so better adapt it!
Smart move. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. As it stands, I could see this thing being "direct to video" all the way.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

I just can't believe they're really making Basic Instinct 2 (?!) WTF is it even going to be about?
The script has been around for eons, I remember when David Cronenberg (!) was attached and Bruce Greenwood was supposed to co-star...or wait, was that Benjamin Bratt? (He also left when they were getting it going years ago).

Stone looked really good the last time I saw her, but talk about a bizarre movie to make a sequel to!

The last time they tried making a "thriller" sequel to a movie that didn't warrant one, it was JAGGED EDGE -- and it ended up morphing into the hilariously bad (though entertaining) Michael Chricton film PHYSICAL EVIDENCE!

Eric W.

#7 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:
Stone looked really good the last time I saw her, but talk about a bizarre movie to make a sequel to!
Stone's looked older than sin the last time I saw her on The Practice.

The last time they tried making a "thriller" sequel to a movie that didn't warrant one, it was JAGGED EDGE -- and it ended up morphing into the hilariously bad (though entertaining) Michael Chricton film PHYSICAL EVIDENCE!
:shock: I never even made that connection. Man, Physical Evidence was a HORRIBLE film. :lol:

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

I never even made that connection. Man, Physical Evidence was a HORRIBLE film
HORRIBLE but kind of fun (for all the wrong reasons) :)

If you look, it has the same producer, and I believe the Theresa Russell character was supposed to be Glenn Close. They just changed the character names around and such.

romanD

#9 Post by romanD »

musicfromthemovies apologied today.. that Scott is scoring BI2 is wrong! no composer so far announced!

tststststs...

oh I hear a phone ringing, my god, it's Klaus Badelt... lol...

well, wè'll see...

romanD

#10 Post by romanD »

finally the official composer is on board... hold your breath... it is John Murphy.

Ugggh... his scores for 28 days later or SNATCH may have been appropriate for them, but him doing BI2??? Incorporating Jerry's theme? why don't they just buy the score and paste it over it?

Well, they seem to do everything they can to make this movie the worst of 2006...

can''t wait to see it! lol

Eric W.

#11 Post by Eric W. »

romanD wrote:finally the official composer is on board... hold your breath... it is John Murphy.

Ugggh... his scores for 28 days later or SNATCH may have been appropriate for them, but him doing BI2??? Incorporating Jerry's theme? why don't they just buy the score and paste it over it?

Well, they seem to do everything they can to make this movie the worst of 2006...

can''t wait to see it! lol
There goes any faint interest I may have had in this project. I was hoping to at least get a decent score out of it.