rate the last movie you saw

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: rate the last movie you saw

#1081 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:I'm with you on that. Have Newt wake up in suspended animation as some hot 20s or 30 something and keep it going -- always wanted Sarah Michelle Gellar at her Buffy-iest to do that. Weird, right? lol.
Just so long as it's not Winona Ryder. :wink:
lol. That was NEVER part of my fantasy there...wait, maybe too much information. :lol:

Eric W.

#1082 Post by Eric W. »

Monterey Jack wrote: I bet a lot of fans would gladly sweep Alien 3 and Ressurection under the rug for a genuine sequel to Aliens. Those Dark Horse comic books from the late 80's and early 90's would make for a great template to follow.
With such ease. All fans needs is even the flimsiest of excuses. Really.

Hell, there's any number of things like those DH comics for example that would be way better than what was done.

Case in point:
AndyDursin wrote:I'm with you on that. Have Newt wake up in suspended animation as some hot 20s or 30 something and keep it going -- always wanted Sarah Michelle Gellar at her Buffy-iest to do that. Weird, right? lol.
Fine by me. Newt wakes up and it was all a horrible nightmare. They got stuck in suspended animation for way too long for (fill in the blanks here.) Beautiful. Easy, clean, you have a lead that's a fairly decent actress and can kick ass and has enough of a name to be a new franchise lead.

Works for me.

^^ Everyone should own that revelation.

Monterey Jack

#1083 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:
Monterey Jack wrote: Just so long as it's not Winona Ryder. :wink:
lol. That was NEVER part of my fantasy there...wait, maybe too much information. :lol:
Hey, I have no problems with fantasies involving Winona Ryder in general... :D

Eric W.

#1084 Post by Eric W. »

Having a little fun with this grown up Newt concept: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132359/

AndyDursin

#1085 Post by AndyDursin »

Aaah Summer, always nice to see her smiling face :)

Eric W.

#1086 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:Aaah Summer, always nice to see her smiling face :)
Imagine her as Ripley's heir apparent. Newt grown up. It works. I can see it.

Mike Skerritt

#1087 Post by Mike Skerritt »

AndyDursin wrote:
Mike Skerritt wrote:Andy, from what you know is the eventual US release of the LW set going to be the same as what's available elsewhere? If so I'll gladly shell out $36 to Amazon UK and import the thing.
There's no certainty Mike but based on based experience, I've got to believe what will trickle out here will be the exact same as what's on there. Unless they supplement it with even more content, but I doubt that. It has remastered transfers of 1 and 2 (with DTS MA), 3 and 4 -- every one has deleted scenes and trailers, and I believe commentaries sadly by an elderly (and forgetful) Donner and an uncredited moderator (I only heard parts of the 1st one, and it's painful). The 5th disc is exclusively the new documentary.

They might put more on there BUT given how little interest they've shown in it -- basically squatting on it for over a year already -- I'd go ahead and import it if you're interested. Certainly the price is undoubtedly better now than what Warner would charge for a 4-film release in the U.S. -- about $25 shipped from Amazon UK:

Looks like a street date of 6/12 in the US, according to Digital Bits.

AndyDursin

#1088 Post by AndyDursin »

Mike Skerritt wrote:Looks like a street date of 6/12 in the US, according to Digital Bits.
And a $70 MSRP which means probably $50 or so...will be cheaper to import it unless you want to wait for a sale to drop it down eventually. :)

Monterey Jack

#1089 Post by Monterey Jack »

The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005): 9.5/10

Happy Valentine's Day...

Paul MacLean

#1090 Post by Paul MacLean »

Monterey Jack wrote:The 40 Year Old Virgin (2005): 9.5/10
I still have never seen that. I was too busy to watch anything today, but this day last year I watched 500 Days of Summer (or was it the year before?).

Monterey Jack

#1091 Post by Monterey Jack »

It's the only cinematic love story I can personally relate to in any way, shape or form.

AndyDursin

#1092 Post by AndyDursin »

That and Role Models are two of the funniest comedies of the last 5-10 years IMO.

Mike Skerritt

#1093 Post by Mike Skerritt »

AndyDursin wrote:That and Role Models are two of the funniest comedies of the last 5-10 years IMO.
God, ROLE MODELS. That's the kind of movie I get sucked into every time it's on, and every time the Marvin Hamlisch line KILLS me.

AndyDursin

#1094 Post by AndyDursin »

Mike Skerritt wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:That and Role Models are two of the funniest comedies of the last 5-10 years IMO.
God, ROLE MODELS. That's the kind of movie I get sucked into every time it's on, and every time the Marvin Hamlisch line KILLS me.
Gets me too every time -- it's just so inspired, from the Hamlisch line to the whole bit with Ken Jeong eating in the Burger King-like joint before the medieval role playing finals.

The same director/writer has WANDERLUST coming out next week with Rudd and Jennifer Aniston going into a hippie colony or something like that. I wouldn't have much interest but with the same creative team I'm planning on seeing it.

Monterey Jack

#1095 Post by Monterey Jack »

Babe (1995): 10/10

That'll do, Pig...that'll do.