BLADE Remake "Stripped Down" to Blade "Killing Vampires"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

BLADE Remake "Stripped Down" to Blade "Killing Vampires"

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... el-1225888

Monterey Jack

Re: Marvel's New Slate - BLADE Remade

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

The only one of the Snipes films I liked was Blade II, and that was just because Guillermo Del Toro did it.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

I hated BLADE II -- the only one I liked was the first one. I would imagine this is going to be a PG-13 BLADE...just can't muster much enthusiasm for this no matter what it's rated.

And how about Natalie Portman in/as THOR!! Marvel Fanboys HATED Jane Foster, but now they're going ballistic over her picking up the hammer and returning to the series? :D

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Director quit and Ali has apparently had it. This is what you get dealing with Disney.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

I can't believe actors and filmmakers want anything to do with Disney, considering how they micro-manage and heavily modify each new movie and TV show to the nth degree. :? Yeah, it's lucrative, but the sheer frustration of it must wear people down. And it's not even resulting in better products, just ones that pander to whatever woke outrages are in the most current news cycle. :roll:
Last edited by Monterey Jack on Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Of course

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

They just...can't help themselves, can they? It's like a chronic alcoholic coughing up blood in the shower, yet still reaching for the bottle. :? They NEED to arrest this tailspin, and stop throwing good money after bad by greenlighting this woke bullshit.

Saw the movie today, and even outside of the irritating "progressive" content (Interracial married couple! Mixed-race, gay son! Grandparent who doesn't even bat an eye learning his grandson is gay! Three-legged dog! :lol: ), it's every bit as bland and misguided as Atlantis and Treasure Planet 20 years ago.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

What are you talking about? :mrgreen:

Another day another...

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

Yes, that famous 80s tradition of positive depictions of homosexuality in fantasy cinema...

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm sorry I didn't realize a wide swath of the country's population was now gay and that literally every Disney project now has to reflect that because thats what the reality of the population is. Oh wait...

Monterey Jack

#11 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am I'm sorry I didn't realize a wide swath of the country's population was now gay and that literally every Disney project now has to reflect that because thats what the reality of the population is. Oh wait...
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... n-by-state

So, a MAXIMUM of 5% or 6% of gay people in most states means we have to kowtow to them by jamming gay people into every single TV show and movie?

I've been working at my job for 22 years, and I believe I've had ONE gay co-worker in all of that time, and I didn't realize it for probably a year or longer until he casually dropped a mention about having a boyfriend. Yet gay people in movies are always GAY AND PROUD!!!, flashing their rainbow pins and being as up-front and confrontational about it as possible.

AndyDursin

#12 Post by AndyDursin »

Don't you have a gay best friend? I thought we all had that by this point. :lol:

Monterey Jack

#13 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:53 am Don't you have a gay best friend? I thought we all had that by this point. :lol:
...and he's always SASS-AY! 8)

Monterey Jack

#14 Post by Monterey Jack »

Of course the Strange World thread at BR.com gets locked, because, God forbid, anyone be allowed to call out Disney about the movie's blatantly obvious gay agenda. :roll:

John Johnson

#15 Post by John Johnson »

Still waiting for Captain Britain...

London. Greatest City in the world.