MUPPET SHOW on DVD!!!!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
romanD

MUPPET SHOW on DVD!!!!

#1 Post by romanD »

finally they are releasing the muppet show on dvd, season by season...

it's about time!

Miss Piggy is at the edge.
Dr. Link: Get yourself together, you are a nurse!
Miss Piggy: I may be a nurse, but Im a woman first!
Dr. Link: Wrong, you are a pig first, a nurse second! And Im afraid the woman did not even make it into the Top10!

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Disney just sent me the check discs as well...a report will soon follow :)

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

I have been secretly hoping that show would be released on DVD- it is one of my all-time favorites. My family and I watched it every time it came on TV and it was solid entertainment. I loved the Blad Eagle, the judges, Pigs in Space, Vet's Hospital, and the News Flashes....great stuff.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

I just checked out the 1st Season discs, which come out at the end of August. Very nice work by Disney -- for extras they have an on-screen trivia track running on each episode with various factoids about the episodes (when it was shot, broadcast, etc.). Most of the goodies are on the 4th disc, including a 25-minute "Pilot" (without a guest star) and a shorter "pitch" Henson used to sell the series to the networks. Obviously they all passed, but it's nice to see them all, plus a few bloopers.

The shows themselves look good, I think even better than they did in the Time-Life/Sony DVDs from a few years back, plus they're complete -- you get Mummenshantz (or whatever they were called) in all their glory here!

mkaroly

#5 Post by mkaroly »

Awesome! Thanks for the info- can't wait for those to come out!

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Michael they'll be worth the wait. Sell off your Time-Life/Sony DVDs if you still have them (and while they're worth something!).