HITCH - isolated score?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
scorehead

HITCH - isolated score?

#1 Post by scorehead »

Wasn't the "HITCH" DVD suppose to have George Fention's score isolated on an alternate channel?

Best,

Scorehead!

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Indeed it was. Sadly my copy hasn't arrived yet (Sony changed their PR people -- we have it straightened out but it will take a few days to get my requests).

Unfortunately I haven't seen it mentioned in any write-up of the DVD yet :(

Eric W.

#3 Post by Eric W. »

Was this movie worth a damn or what?

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Haven't seen it. What's strange is you run into a group of people who saw it and hated it, but somehow it was a bona-fide box-office smash (grossing, what, $170 million?). Really, Will Smith, Kevin James, romantic comedy = how bad can it be?

scorehead

#5 Post by scorehead »

This really isn't all that bad a film. It's detraction is that it treads into the all too familiar territory of the tried and true romantic comedy formula. People shouldn't go to these films to see a cutting edge eye opener. That's were they set them selves up. True to be said, this film is a cute and harmless jaunt about setting ones true self loose at the start of a relationship, which Will Smith's character helps these hapless whelps do. If anything, audiences go to see Will Smith, who is just being charming carefree himself here. The scene when his face swells up from food poisoning is inspired, but again, not ground breaking, say like the antics of Steve Martin out running defective and exploding cans in THE JERK. Fenton's score is standard for this genre, but as pleasant as his music was for SWEET HOME ALABAMA. Not really a loss that we miss it here on the DVD release, as it's rumored to be released on the composers own label sometime soon. Still, and just like "BULLET," what a bunch of toffy-nosed shits for advertising it as "isolated" on the DVD and not doing so.

Regards,

Scorehead

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Scorehead -- this wasn't supposed to be a mere isolated score track though...the score was supposed to have been fully RESTORED back into the movie on an alternate channel! Even the PR release mentioned how the track was going to put Fenton's music back into several scenes where songs were used in the theatrical cut, making it a fully selectable "alternate" soundtrack option.

From the sounds of it, Sony will probably re-issue this as a 2-disc Special Edition sometime in the next year. I'm guessing if they were far enough along to include a mention of this in the PR release, then they'll probably include it in a subsequent SE re-issue (which seems to be all the rage these days!).

scorehead

#7 Post by scorehead »

Those double dipping schmucks!!! As if this film is worth watching in the first place without the restored score reinserted.

I take back everything nice that I said about this movie.

Say - has ISHTAR been released on DVD yet?

Scorehead

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Say - has ISHTAR been released on DVD yet?
No but LEONARD PART 6 is out there....ISHTAR likely won't be far behind!

(And in a similar vein THE ADVENTURERS is out on July 12th, for those keeping score at home).