The Ghoul.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

The Ghoul.

#1 Post by John Johnson »

I know it's out on Region 1, but I thought I would mention the Region 2 release.

“When the full moon strikes the door of my tomb, I will come back, you hear? I will come back to kill!”

An eminent Egyptologist has purchased a precious stone stolen from an Egyptian tomb. A great believer in the ancient gods of the people whose history he studies, when he is buried he has the stone entombed with him in the hope that it will appease the gods after death. The Professor is not dead, however, but in a trance – and when the stone is stolen from his tomb he returns as a ghoul, furious at the theft and hell-bent on wreaking revenge upon those responsible.

The first British film ever to be labelled ‘horrific’ (as well as being the first British horror ‘talkie’), The Ghoul was thought lost for many years until a subtitled print was found in Prague. Many years later a copy of the uncut British print was found, and it is this version which has undergone digital restoration for inclusion on this DVD. Starring Boris Karloff, Cedric Hardwicke and Ralph Richardson, this landmark film is a key title in any horror film collection.

SPECIAL FEATURES
[] Feature commentary by horror experts Kim Newman and Stephen Jones
[] Viewing notes booklet

Catalogue Number: 7952750
Classification: PG
Picture: 1.33:1 / Black and White
Subtitles: None
Time: 77 mins approx
Barcode: 5027626275044
Number of Discs: 1
Sound: Mono / English
Region: 2 / PAL

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info. ... cts_id=795

A review of the Region 2 DVD.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/70 ... ghoul.html
London. Greatest City in the world.

Castile

#2 Post by Castile »

This is one of the best looking restorations I've seen of ANY film.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

Kim Newman. Weird looking guy, even in person, but he does know his stuff.
London. Greatest City in the world.