this cant possibly be true...

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
romanD

this cant possibly be true...

#1 Post by romanD »

see it for yourself... what fool at imdb wrote this down???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373883/

if this is true, I laugh my a$$ off...

that Tarantino would do a FRIDAY the 13th movie isnt soooo far out, but this?

probably the director is really named Oliver Stone, but he is for sure not THAT Oliver Stone!

scorehead

#2 Post by scorehead »

That's too funny! Looks like it's currently filming, too. This is for sure looking out to be the year of John Carpenter - complete without a John Carpenter film.

Go Johnny!

Thanks for the laugh.

Scorehead

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

No way that could be THE Oliver Stone....although....he did get busted for a DUI or something like that not long ago, and ALEXANDER tanked, for which he blamed everyone else but himself. So maybe this isn't so far a stretch.

Tarantino and FRIDAY THE 13TH....hmmm.....IT.....COULD.....WORK!! (in best Gene Wilder voice). :)

Carlson2005

#4 Post by Carlson2005 »

Well, if you've ever had the misfortune of seeing [i]The Hand[/i]... but nah, they've taken Ollie's name off the site now. Hell, [i]Alexander [/i]didn't lose [i]that [/i]much money..

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Well, if you've ever had the misfortune of seeing The Hand... but nah, they've taken Ollie's name off the site now. Hell, Alexander didn't lose that much money..
but it DID lose some money, did it not?

And I take back what I said in my expectations -- the theatrical cut was just bad. Not really fun. Just plain bad.

romanD

#6 Post by romanD »

so do you get the DC of ALEXANDER too? Im really curious what the changes will be like... I read in a review of the DC from Asia that they changes are almost non existent, though I thought the DC will only be released in the US???? Can be that the theatrical version was cut in Thailand and the uncut version is just called DC there... (that happens sometimes in Germany)...

I thought ALEXANDER has many flaws, but overall had more good things going for it than TROY...

MarkB

#7 Post by MarkB »

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the DC of ALEXANDER is supposed to be shorter than the theatrical release. I don't know if it also incorporates any new footage, though. Andy?

Mark

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the DC of ALEXANDER is supposed to be shorter than the theatrical release. I don't know if it also incorporates any new footage, though. Andy?
It is going to be shorter, Mark. Apparently the whole movie is going to be re-cut with new footage inserted, other scenes trimmed...will be interesting to see what Stone comes up with.