G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra --International Trailer.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra --International Trailer.

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Last edited by John Johnson on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
London. Greatest City in the world.

Eric W.

#2 Post by Eric W. »

Not sure if this is going to be any good or not.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

Could be fun. And a score by Alan Silvestri too.

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

John Johnson wrote:Could be fun. And a score by Alan Silvestri too.
There is promise here. :)

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

The entire audience I saw STAR TREK with laughed outloud during this trailer -- and especially when the name G.I. JOE appeared on-screen. Not sure that's the reaction they're hoping for.

I am not optimistic about this one, to be honest, mainly because the trailer looks terrible. Sommers usually turns in adequate brainless entertainment but the helter-skelter action and hyper-editing combined with a concept that's been altered (they're no longer "Real American Heroes" but an "international fighting force") doesn't make me enthused about it. The cast is also "meh" all the way around.

And besides, it's action figures come to life. Is there going to be any story involved? I'm not holding my breath :)

mkaroly

#6 Post by mkaroly »

The treailer looks bad because we've seen this movie before...it was called THE MATRIX. Besides, I am so out of it with GI Joe; I used to know a bit about him back in the 70s but I know nothing about him now. All I can remember was being upset when my GI Joe action figure started losing his beard hair- it made him look stupid...lol...

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

Eric W. wrote:
John Johnson wrote:Could be fun. And a score by Alan Silvestri too.
There is promise here. :)
Just wait until it's replaced at the last minute by Klaus Badelt and the Zimmerettes. :roll:

Eric W.

#8 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:The entire audience I saw STAR TREK with laughed outloud during this trailer -- and especially when the name G.I. JOE appeared on-screen. Not sure that's the reaction they're hoping for.
In my case, the theater was kind of like "huh?" and when they saw GI Joe there was kind of strange, apathetic chuckle and sigh from the masses and we move on.

I am not optimistic about this one, to be honest, mainly because the trailer looks terrible. Sommers usually turns in adequate brainless entertainment but the helter-skelter action and hyper-editing combined with a concept that's been altered (they're no longer "Real American Heroes" but an "international fighting force") doesn't make me enthused about it. The cast is also "meh" all the way around.
Same here.

And besides, it's action figures come to life. Is there going to be any story involved? I'm not holding my breath :)
Neither am I. If nothing else, hopefully I get a good Silvestri score out of it. That's about all I'm counting on, at most.

Paul MacLean

#9 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:And besides, it's action figures come to life. Is there going to be any story involved? I'm not holding my breath :)
I'm waiting for the film version of these guys...

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

Well the AICN boys, who have spent the last 18 months trashing the movie, are now saying it's big, dumb, no brain fun -- and highly entertaining. Go figure!

Eric W.

#11 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:Well the AICN boys, who have spent the last 18 months trashing the movie, are now saying it's big, dumb, no brain fun -- and highly entertaining. Go figure!
About what I'd expect. I didn't think it would be a lost cause outright but I still can't say the trailers have done much for the thing.

The Pessimist

#12 Post by The Pessimist »

I remember thinking the visuals were impressive on the ad from the Super Bowl.
'Sorry about that one.' -Ed Wood

John Johnson

#13 Post by John Johnson »

Sommers 'already planning GI Joe sequel'

Director Stephen Sommers has admitted that he is already working on a sequel to GI Joe.

The Mummy filmmaker said that there was more "mythology" surrounding the elite military team that he would like to explore in a potential follow-up.

"Because the mythology is all there, there's a lot of interesting stuff," he told Cinematical.

"Like, something you don't know yet is who killed Hard Master. I mean, the hardcore GI Joe fans know that it wasn't Storm Shadow."

Sommers also credited the experience of working alongside stars Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller as a reason to revisit the characters in another instalment.

He added: "But I hope I get to do a sequel, first of all because I had so much fun with these actors. I go into these movies knowing it's a marathon, not a sprint, and I won't work with a**eholes.

"We had a blast – it was really hard, but we had a lot of fun on the set, so to get to hang out with these people again would be just heaven."

It was reported earlier that Paramount Pictures will not screen GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra for a majority of critics prior to its August 7 opening.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a169 ... equel.html

John Johnson

#14 Post by John Johnson »

Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra on 3rd November 2009. Directed by Stephen Sommers, this action-adventure based on Hasbro’s popular action figures comes to DVD and Blu-ray in the following configurations…

Single-Disc DVD
Anamorphic Widescreen
English, French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
English, French and Spanish subtitles
Feature commentary by director Stephen Sommers and producer Bob Ducsay

Two-Disc DVD - As above plus a second disc with the following extras:
Digital Copy
The Big Bang Theory: The Making of G.I. JOE— Join the G.I. JOE team as they set out to "Sommer-size" the summer action epic and bring G.I. JOE to the big screen.
Next-Gen Action: The Amazing Visual FX and Design of G.I. JOE— With over 1,650 visual effect shots, G.I. JOE was a truly massive endeavor. Showcasing the hard work and creativity of the film’s effects and design team, this piece looks at the unique challenges of bringing the world of G.I. JOE and COBRA to life, while immersing viewers in the incredible thrills and various FX challenges of the film’s major action sequences.

Blu-ray Disc
1080P Widescreen
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Feature commentary by director Stephen Sommers and producer Bob Ducsay
The Big Bang Theory: The Making of G.I. JOE— Join the G.I. JOE team as they set out to "Sommer-size" the summer action epic and bring G.I. JOE to the big screen.
Next-Gen Action: The Amazing Visual FX and Design of G.I. JOE— With over 1,650 visual effect shots, G.I. JOE was a truly massive endeavor. Showcasing the hard work and creativity of the film’s effects and design team, this piece looks at the unique challenges of bringing the world of G.I. JOE and COBRA to life, while immersing viewers in the incredible thrills and various FX challenges of the film’s major action sequences.
Digital Copy

Additionally, the press release notes that “The two-disc DVD and Blu-ray packages will also feature augmented reality technology that will allow owners to participate in an exclusive 3D holographic G.I. JOE combat experience, utilizing their webcams and a special website. Fans will be able to choose between SNAKE EYES and STORM SHADOW, two of the most popular G.I. JOE and COBRA characters, and battle against their enemies one-on-one in an immersive 3D video game.”

Below we have the artwork. In order you have the 1-Disc DVD, 2-Disc DVD Slipcase, 2-Disc DVD Inner Case, and finally the Blu-ray Disc...

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content/id/71 ... added.html