ALIEN Remake Coming Our Way -- from producer Ridley Scott?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
romanD

#61 Post by romanD »

i guess the show more about weyland yutani and how they look for alien lifeforms as weapons...

AndyDursin

#62 Post by AndyDursin »

romanD wrote:i guess the show more about weyland yutani and how they look for alien lifeforms as weapons...
but WHO CARES about that...it's been covered to death already.

mkaroly

#63 Post by mkaroly »

I was more excited about the prospect of learning about the beings that sent the SOS signal from the planet and backstory like that...I am not wanting a story about Ripley...maybe an Alien origin story rather than the mysterious introduction we had in ALIEN. That's what I'm excited about if it happens.

I am also biased in that I just love the Alien creature concept and design, so I'm a sucker for just about anything (except Alien Resurrection). I also like the AvP series (despite the fact that they are atrocious movies...I realize that).

And I know that we have different opinions about Alien 3 Andy (which is cool), but to me a sequel is not possible because Ripley is dead, and I have no desire to see Cloned Ripley in anything (as Alien Resurrection was a filmic abomination)...therefore, I would be less likely to see a sequel and more likely to see a prequel with no mention of Ripley. So to me it does matter somewhat whether it is a sequel or prequel.

AndyDursin

#64 Post by AndyDursin »

But Ripley shouldn't be the story -- the aliens are what matters. If they go to their actual planet (which we've been teased about forever), great -- but what difference does it make if it's a prequel or sequel?

Monterey Jack

#65 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: My thing is -- the universe is a big, vast place. The aliens could be anywhere. So unless it has something to do with Ripley or "The Corporation," does it really matter if it's a sequel or a prequel? What difference does the year make? If these characters have no connection with the later ones, why bother making it a prequel?
My thought exactly. Dark Horse has published a ton of great Alien comics over the past two decades which have zip to do with Ripley. It's not like the first movie was called Ripley, after all, she was just the lucky survivor. Trying to "mythologize" her character pretty much sank the sequels following Aliens (which should have been Ripley's exit from the series). Just make a kick-ass horror movie that stands alone.