SKYFALL Thread - Newman's Score, What a Drag

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
mkaroly

Re: SKYFALL - New Bond Film - Official Details

#61 Post by mkaroly »

I'm excited...I like the title. Craig Bond films are 2/2 for me, so I'm hoping Skyfall will be as good as the others!

Eric W.

#62 Post by Eric W. »

Like what I see so far.

Monterey Jack

#63 Post by Monterey Jack »

I'm most excited to hear that Stuart Baird will be back in the editing bay. Hopefully now we won't see a reprise of the hideous shakey-cam editing sceme of Something Of Boris. And Roger Deakins as DP is always a good sign. :)

AndyDursin

#64 Post by AndyDursin »

mkaroly wrote:I'm excited...I like the title. Craig Bond films are 2/2 for me, so I'm hoping Skyfall will be as good as the others!
I'm hoping it's about ten times better than the last one! ;)

Not that it's going to take much either...starting with an actually DECENT song of which this series hasn't produced in a long time (I'm looking at you Adele!!).

AndyDursin

#65 Post by AndyDursin »

Naomie Harris is also in the movie...her appeal continues to elude me.

Monterey Jack

#66 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:Naomie Harris is also in the movie...her appeal continues to elude me.
Looks plenty attractive to me.

She won't be Moneypenny, though, leading me to believe she'll be absent for the third movie in a row. :(

AndyDursin

#67 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah I usually share your enthusiasm MJ but Harris doesn't do it for me.

I wish this series would stop turning its back on some of the hallmarks of its first 30 or so odd years in the movies but that's just the way it is so I'm resigned to it. "Serious" is "in", clearly.

Eric W.

#68 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:Yeah I usually share your enthusiasm MJ but Harris doesn't do it for me.
Me either but she'll be serviceable enough I guess.

I wish this series would stop turning its back on some of the hallmarks of its first 30 or so odd years in the movies but that's just the way it is so I'm resigned to it. "Serious" is "in", clearly.
I totally agree. I'm long since tired of this trend we've seen for at least the last decade where just about everything has to be so damned grim, dark, and serious all the time.

Paul MacLean

#69 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:I wish this series would stop turning its back on some of the hallmarks of its first 30 or so odd years in the movies but that's just the way it is so I'm resigned to it. "Serious" is "in", clearly.
Yeah, the odd joke or glib pun would be refreshing.

Still, I prefer the seriousness of the Craig films to the awkward mix of torture scenes and Moore-esque slapstick in Die Another Day.

AndyDursin

#70 Post by AndyDursin »

So Sam Mendes is claiming the film will have some humor, and will also reintroduce some iconic Bond characters. To that I can say -- I'm surprised, and hopeful!

Also (SPOILER)

Ralph Feinnes is supposed to replace Judi Dench's M, who gets knocked off in this film

Eric W.

#71 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:So Sam Mendes is claiming the film will have some humor, and will also reintroduce some iconic Bond characters. To that I can say -- I'm surprised, and hopeful!

Also (SPOILER)

Ralph Feinnes is supposed to replace Judi Dench's M, who gets knocked off in this film

That's all good news. Nothing against Dench herself, either. She's a wonderful actress and all but it's time to shake some things up.

Mike Skerritt

#72 Post by Mike Skerritt »

More than anything, and this was touched on in one of the previous posts, I'm looking for a proper villain. I love the Craig iteration of Bond, but both movies so far have lacked a true adversary. They were more concerned with rebuilding the world and repositioning the modern version of Bond inside it. Now that they've done that, he needs a nemesis with one name and one face. Bardem is such a promising casting; it sounds like they're really trying to strike a balance between modern Bond and classic Bond. Can't wait.

AndyDursin

#73 Post by AndyDursin »

They were more concerned with rebuilding the world and repositioning the modern version of Bond inside it.
You can say that again. Worrying about the fate of the Bolivian water supply didn't exactly have me on the edge of my seat in the last one. lol.

AndyDursin

#74 Post by AndyDursin »

Great looking trailer -- but my (extremely faint) hopes for anything other than a humorless, pretentious, self-important Bond outing seem to have been dashed. Pretty much what you'd expect from Sam Mendes handling this material...with Craig one again serving as the stone-faced brute Bond.

I hope the film delivers more than that -- we'll see!!

mkaroly

Re: SKYFALL - New Bond Film - Trailer is Out

#75 Post by mkaroly »

I'm excited, but then again I loved CR and QoS. It actually looks Dark Knight-ish in a way.