Wallace and Gromit

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric W.

Wallace and Gromit

#1 Post by Eric W. »

This was being talked about in the Choclate Factory thread and I think it most certainly merits its own thread.

I love this series and I think it's just pure genius in absolutely every aspect.

One of the geniuses involved is composer Julian Nott, who I am THRILLED to see assigned to the new movie forthcoming!

http://www.peninsula-films.demon.co.uk/jn.html

That's Julian's homepage. He's actually better represented than I thought.

I can't wait for Wallace and Gromit and any soundtrack from this series of movie is an IMMEDIATE must-buy, no questions asked..

http://www.peninsula-films.demon.co.uk/ ... music.html

That's a link from his homepage where you can actually buy some of his work on CD now and forthcoming! Bookmark his homepage, folks and spread the word!

romanD

#2 Post by romanD »

true true! I got one of his promos with the Wallace & Gromit scores... was already upset that he wasnt' allowed to score CHICKEN RUN, but now he has his deserved shot at it. Still it troubles me to hear that Henning Lohner (or some other exchangable brat from the Media Ventures) had to provide additional music.

Eric W.

#3 Post by Eric W. »

romanD wrote:true true! I got one of his promos with the Wallace & Gromit scores... was already upset that he wasnt' allowed to score CHICKEN RUN, but now he has his deserved shot at it. Still it troubles me to hear that Henning Lohner (or some other exchangable brat from the Media Ventures) had to provide additional music.
What the hell for?!

Oh well...This soundtrack will be an immediate, sight unseen must buy for me the second it's out.

I'm really looking forward to it and the movie!

Carlson2005

#4 Post by Carlson2005 »

I love Nott's scores, but I'd advise steering well clear of his directorial debut, Weak at Denise - it's even worse than the title (apparently directing that was the main reason he didn't score Chicken Run).

Worryingly, the trailer for Curse of the Wererabbit that's playing over here is really, really terrible: forgot all those compaints about the trailers for The Island, this is the single worst trailer I've seen in years. It plays like the film s a tax shelter and they're trying to keep audiences away!

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Worryingly, the trailer for Curse of the Wererabbit that's playing over here is really, really terrible: forgot all those compaints about the trailers for The Island, this is the single worst trailer I've seen in years. It plays like the film s a tax shelter and they're trying to keep audiences away!
That's exactly what I wrote in an earlier thread. It's AWFUL...obviously we must be getting the same ad over here!