2012 Trailer.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

2012 Trailer.

#1 Post by John Johnson »

London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

yay, another Roland Emmerich end of the world film! :lol:

I can't wait to hear all the scientific "experts" weigh on this one like they did THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW.

Eric Paddon

#3 Post by Eric Paddon »

BOR-ING!!!!!!!

And seeing the Vatican destroyed must be an event of wish fulfillment for some people in the Hollywood realm.

mkaroly

#4 Post by mkaroly »

This looks like one of the dumbest movies since....well, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW...lol...

It looks so over-indulgent and incredibly fake with all its CGI. I'll pass...especially on what looks like not-so-subtle subtext on religion, politics, and anything else.

Eric Paddon

#5 Post by Eric Paddon »

These two guys started out billing themselves as the heirs to the Irwin Allen disaster films. Well with stuff like this, the only thing of Allen's they're really coming close to is "When Time Ran Out" and "Beyond The Poseidon Adventure".

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

At least Allen gave you slumming A-listers like Paul Newman and Steve McQueen and Gene Hackman getting crushed, roasted and drowned. The best Emmerich can muster are the B-list likes of Jake Gyllenhaal and Jeff Goldblum.

I was suitably awed by Independance Day back in the day, but hell, I was 22. :lol: Every Emmerich movie since then has been bland as hell, although at least he gets points for not shaking the camera all over the place during the action sequences.

Ten demerets, however, for Emmerichs' recent musical choices. From David Arnold and John Williams to...Harald Klosser? :?

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

ID4 worked great with an audience -- in fact Lukas was visiting and we saw it here in RI the night it opened.

Watching it back again recently I found it almost interminable. Some cool scenes, but so phony in its execution. There's nothing worse than a movie that's TRYING to be big, escapist and "fun!" The last time, I didn't find it genuine at all. (THE PATRIOT is probably my favorite Emmerich film, mainly because it had a solid Robert Rodat script, plus outstanding cinematography from Caleb Deschanel and a rousing Williams score, and Mel and Heath's performances).

Oh well -- at least John Cusack gets to cash in with a big payday for this one. lol. :lol:

John Johnson

#8 Post by John Johnson »

Bryan Singer 'to develop 2012 miniseries'

Bryan Singer has started work on a 2012-based miniseries for the Syfy network, it has been reported.

The X-Men director is to team with producer Andrew Dean to produce the as-yet-untitled six-hour project based on the 2012 apocalyptic prophecies, which emanate from the end of the Mayan calendar on December 21 of that year, Sci-Fi Wire reports.

The plot has been described as a "thrilling action adventure story blending scientific fact and myth", and is said to be similar in tone to The Da Vinci Code.

The television movie is being written by The Chronicles Of Narnia scribe Michael Petroni and Passengers writer Michael Bond.

"I have always been fascinated by the various myths and conspiracy theories surrounding the Mayan calendar," Singer said in a statement. "It's the most accurate calendar created by man, so accurate that many believe its origins may lie elsewhere."

He added: "Our story will explore whether we are truly alone in the universe, and other related mysteries, all of which are set against the backdrop of an incredibly exciting and fast-paced adventure."

Meanwhile, director Roland Emmerich's upcoming movie 2012 surrounds similar events and opens in cinemas on November 13.

Singer recently said that he regretted leaving the X-Men franchise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a17003 ... eries.html
London. Greatest City in the world.

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

Any movie is better with "wakka-chi-wakka" in it. :lol:

The Pessimist

#10 Post by The Pessimist »

I remember watching TDAT and seeing Quaid's character trekking however many hundred of miles through the snow and thinking they had reinvented the phrase 'trying to get away with it'. Visually it was impressive, but a poor popcorn movie at that.
'Sorry about that one.' -Ed Wood