Alan Spencer, SLEDGE HAMMER Creator, Emails The Aisle Seat

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Alan Spencer, SLEDGE HAMMER Creator, Emails The Aisle Seat

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Just got an email from Alan Spencer, the SLEDGE HAMMER! creator and director of HEXED. Thankfully he didn't throw me under the bus :)

-------
Thanks for that fair assessment of "Hexed." Due to the success of "Sledge" on DVD, I'm being goaded into doing an original work again as opposed to rewriting other people's movies. I vowed never again to work on a small budget or abdicate creative control, but both of those are hard to come by... so I'll just do the best I can.

Regards,
Alan Spencer

Carlson2005

#2 Post by Carlson2005 »

Coming soon: Oliver Stone's response to Andy's Alexander review. Expect a whole fleet of buses from the direction of the nearest grassy noll!

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Expect a whole fleet of buses from the direction of the nearest grassy noll!
lol. Now THAT I will be on the lookout for!! :shock: :D

romanD

#4 Post by romanD »

come on, isn't it nice, that somebody from Hollywood actually reads this here... ?

I once did an interview with the composer of the children's movie ALASKA for FSM, whcih was directed by Fraser C. Heston. He actually read it and wrote me a nice letter! So, basically now I know Charlton Heston, from my dead cold hands on! :-)

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

come on, isn't it nice, that somebody from Hollywood actually reads this here... ?

I once did an interview with the composer of the children's movie ALASKA for FSM, whcih was directed by Fraser C. Heston. He actually read it and wrote me a nice letter! So, basically now I know Charlton Heston, from my dead cold hands on! Smile
Nice, Roman! It's happened a few times to me over the years -- W.G. Snuffy Walden ("The Stand" mini-series, "Wonder Years," etc.) called me not once but TWICE after I mentioned him in my "Best of the Year" FSM columns. I remember calling John Debney once and he instantly knew who I was, went into this long thing about how much he enjoyed my work, and then sent me free copies of HOCUS POCUS and LITTLE GIANTS (that was nice! But of course this was before I went off on CUTTHROAT ISLAND and some other score of his I recall I didn't quite care for!).

I'm just happy because this is the first time I've been emailed off my site and not FSM's. I've been linking a lot of reviews to the Internet Movie Database and I can see the IMDB hits are driving up traffic, which isn't a bad thing at all :)

Carlson2005

#6 Post by Carlson2005 »

It doesn't happen that often, but it's nice when it does. John Scott, Ray Harryhausen, Earl Holliman (even though most of the interview I did with him for a book ended up being cut), Peter Hunt (who I never actually interviewed, but featured heavily in an article I published on OHMSS), and Kenneth Hyman are the only ones that spring to mind out of all those I've interviewed. Oh, and Dick Baker, who thought the book I wrote on The Exorcist was the best thing he'd ever read on the film and phoned me to tell me, and William Friedkin, who called me a vile, malicious motherfucking cocksucking cunt before having all the copies destroyed... Happy days! :D

Funny you should mention Alaska, though - I actually went to the recording sessions at Air Lyndhurst, and Fraser Heston was in hysterics over a review I'd written about one of his dad's films in the copy of the mag that I brought along.

romanD

#7 Post by romanD »

cool... isn't it a great score? it took me years to hunt Reg Powell down and force him to give me a copy! :-)

well, he gave me a 40 minutes promo, which is sufficient, but if you got the complete score somewhere... gimme a call! :-)

I just love this score and too bad the planned release with Varese fell through...

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

and William Friedkin, who called me a vile, malicious motherfucking cocksucking cunt before having all the copies destroyed... Happy days!
Oh yes, yes!! That one never gets old, does it?? :)

Carlson2005

#9 Post by Carlson2005 »

AndyDursin wrote:
and William Friedkin, who called me a vile, malicious motherfucking cocksucking cunt before having all the copies destroyed... Happy days!
Oh yes, yes!! That one never gets old, does it?? :)
You know, I only realised last night that what happened to me was a dry run for what happened to Schrader in almost every detail. Maybe those films are cursed! :D

Sadly, Roman, I never even got the promo for Alaska, which was a nice score. I tend to be rather out of the loop in the promo circuit these days, I'm afraid.

romanD

#10 Post by romanD »

it's not even a promo.. he burnt teh cd himself for me... cool guy.. and such a nice score, too bad he never did anything like this again... :-(((