THE FLY REMAKE

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

THE FLY REMAKE

#1 Post by John Johnson »

The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Blog writes that David Cronenberg is developing a remake of his classic THE FLY with Fox. He will direct and potentially write the new film.
The 1986 release, itself a remake of Kurt Neumann's 1958 sci-fi classic, starred Jeff Goldblum and became a hit for Fox.
The Fly centered on Seth Brundle (Goldblum), an eccentric scientist who, after an experiment with teleportation goes awry, is transformed into a fly. Geena Davis starred as Goldblum's love interest and partner, Veronica.

http://www.isnnews.net/

http://www.riskybusinessblog.com/2009/0 ... e-fly.html
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Bleeech. I never cared for the 86 version, or really any version, of this story. But for the fans of the movie this has got to be one of those head-scratching moments, and even though I'm not a big Cronenberg fan and never have been, it seems beneath him to be tackling something like this.

The thought of remaking it with CGI...perhaps Cronenberg needs the money. Maybe that opera didn't do so well. :lol:

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:Bleeech. I never cared for the 86 version, or really any version, of this story. But for the fans of the movie this has got to be one of those head-scratching moments, and even though I'm not a big Cronenberg fan and never have been, it seems beneath him to be tackling something like this.

The thought of remaking it with CGI...perhaps Cronenberg needs the money. Maybe that opera didn't do so well. :lol:
Followed by the remake of Fast Times at Ridgemont High...just kidding! :D
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:Bleeech. I never cared for the 86 version, or really any version, of this story. But for the fans of the movie this has got to be one of those head-scratching moments, and even though I'm not a big Cronenberg fan and never have been, it seems beneath him to be tackling something like this.

Followed by the remake of Fast Times at Ridgemont High...just kidding! :D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:lol:

mkaroly

#5 Post by mkaroly »

Lol...

I love Cronenberg films, and all I have to say is this: lazy. Just lazy. I liked THE FLY and was really moved at the end where Brundlefly held the gun to his head and with the last traces of humanity in him begged Geena Davis to kill him. Morbid but great moment (as well as Shore's score in the background).

I was never a fan of his desire to make it into an opera.

romanD

#6 Post by romanD »

maybe it will be the opera as a film? hahahaha...

well... I think his 86 film is one of the best horror films, if not films ever... no need to remake it, but as he did a remake back then already and apparently sees a reason to remake it again I think this could be interesting... I dont think he needs money, im pretty confident he has some good ideas why to remake it... interesting project... and interesting to get another go from shore on the subject.

I saw the opera in Paris and liked it a lot...

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

Rather than a re-remake, I'd like to see Cronenberg make a proper sequel to his film, as opposed to Chris Walas' tacky 1989 flop The Fly II (which at least boasted a great Chistopher Young score). Just pick up 25 years later with a new scientist picking up where Seth Brundle's research left off. Hell, they could even get Geena Davis to do a cameo (ignoring the events of the '89 sequel).

Paul MacLean

#8 Post by Paul MacLean »

Followed by the remake of Fast Times at Ridgemont High...just kidding!
I'm waiting for the remake of Mac & Me...