UPCOMING RELEASE SCHEDULE (Theatrical)

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

UPCOMING RELEASE SCHEDULE (Theatrical)

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Just thought I'd pass along what's supposed to be opening in the next few weeks (courtesy Boxofficemojo w/screen numbers).

I'm interested in checking out THE CAVE and BROTHERS GRIMM, though I assume the latter is a total "dumpage" and vote of non-confidence from the studio. Given Damon and Ledger I can't imagine they wouldn't have held it until the fall if it was supposed to be halfway decent :(

THE WOODS looked quite intriguing in its release trailer, and EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE appears to have promise as well. We'll see!

August 12

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Comedy Sony 2,800+

Four Brothers
Drama Paramount 2,000

The Great Raid
War / Action Miramax 800

Skeleton Key
Thriller / Horror Universal 2,700

August 19

The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Comedy Universal Wide

Red Eye
Thriller DreamWorks Wide

Supercross (on Wed.)
Action Fox Wide

Valiant
Computer Animation Buena Vista Wide

August 26

The Brothers Grimm Dimension Wide

The Cave
Horror / Thriller Sony / Screen Gems Wide

September 2nd

A Sound of Thunder
Warner Bros. Wide

The Transporter 2
Action Fox Wide

Underclassman
Action / Comedy Miramax Wide

The Woods
United Artists Wide

September 9th

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Sony Wide

The Man
Action / Comedy New Line Wide

Carlson2005

#2 Post by Carlson2005 »

Apparently Brothers Grimm is okay but too Terry Gilliam for the mainstream audience and too mainstream for a lot of the Terry Gilliam audience. The Great Raid has been hogging the re-edit suite for nearly four years and apparetly started out a watchable misfire but has now been re-edited into barely watchable piece of ****. Miramaxe dropped $70m on that one somehow - just about understandable when it was supposed to be a Spielberg-Cruise film, but for a John Dahl movie shot in Oz?

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

Anyone know when Cronenberg's new film is due?

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Apparently Brothers Grimm is okay but too Terry Gilliam for the mainstream audience and too mainstream for a lot of the Terry Gilliam audience. The Great Raid has been hogging the re-edit suite for nearly four years and apparetly started out a watchable misfire but has now been re-edited into barely watchable piece of ****. Miramaxe dropped $70m on that one somehow - just about understandable when it was supposed to be a Spielberg-Cruise film, but for a John Dahl movie shot in Oz?
How long has it been on the shelf? I actually saw a TV ad today...and you're right, $70 million, shot Down Under, John Dahl directing, and no real cast attached? Bizarre! (Though I see Connie Nielsen got some work out of it, in addition to Mark "Mr. Kelly Ripa" Consuelos).

I noticed the running time, though, is 132 minutes -- maybe they let them put it back together somewhat?