Elfman doesnt howl with the moon anymore

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
romanD

Elfman doesnt howl with the moon anymore

#1 Post by romanD »

due big recutting of the film and Elfman busy with ALICE his already recorded score for THE WOLFMAN doesnt fit the film anymore and has been rejected.

The new hired composer is... badabam badabam... Paul Haslinger... famous for his marvellous scores like DEATH RACE, TURISTAS, INTO THE BLUE and UNDERWORLD 1 and 3...

I guess the producers ran out of money at this point and then heard of this cheap guy who actually scored a film with werewolves before, so he seems the right choice.

Sorry, the trailers were awesome and with Danny cooking up a SLEEPY HOLLOW score I was totally into the film, but now my interest is down to zero... even if they still throw an orchestra at Haslinger he is so the wrong man and cant handle an orchestra at all...

ugh... that film is so in trouble apparently... total stinker ahead...

Monterey Jack

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Like someonse said on the FSM boards, this has Wes Craven's Cursed written all over it. :shock: :(
Last edited by Monterey Jack on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric W.

#3 Post by Eric W. »

Elfman has been disappointing to me for a while now although he certainly would have done something WAY more worthwhile than this Haslinger guy.

The movie will be terrible in any event.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

It's disappointing but also understandable because of the post-production and time frame issues. They need a new score and he can't provide one, which is what happened on ALIEN NATION after that film was re-cut. What's much worse is you go from Elfman to Haslinger, which is a massive stylistic change unless he's going to write in a manner he never has before. That makes you think they didn't like what Elfman was doing to begin with.

As far as the movie goes, post-production plagued movies don't usually turn out so well but Joe Johnston has been down this pike before on JURASSIC PARK III and that turned out well enough. Hopefully the film will still be entertaining. Certainly there's more talent involved here than CURSED so if it bombs it will be a bigger disappointment than that one.

I'm sure we'll end up hearing Elfman's score somehow or other...