Italian westerns

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
andy b

Italian westerns

#1 Post by andy b »

Hi all

Does anyone know of a decent source of some the 'great' (my opinion folks, so please no judgments) Italian westerns.

Of late Anchor Bay & Blue Underground have made some great contributions to the genre with Django & Companneros, Bullet for the general.
Of course MGM put out The Good The Bad & The Ugly in a newly restored version,which is stunning.

Just pick up My Name Is Nobody & a quick 'flick' it looks stunning.

Who knows, 1 day, Sony will allow us poor Canadians to have the other Leone greats in Region 1.

But what of some others out there, the SABATA movies, the TRINITY movies, some of the other 70's greats such as 5 Man Army (Peter Graves in a real Mission mpossible!). Guns for San Sabatian (a kind of Spanish/US/Italian cross breed). Jonathon & the Bears (Franco Nero in 1 of his best). There are so many.

I'm tired of my worn out pan & scan VHS & although I have found a couple in Germany, they have no subtitles (on the 1's I have) & in some cases even the music has changed?

Other than the Ebay pirates anyone know of a good source out there?

thnaks for any advice.

andy b :D

John Johnson

#2 Post by John Johnson »

Wasn't there a boxset of Italian westerns released a couple of years back?

andy b

#3 Post by andy b »

Anchor Bay did a nice box which just put their regular releasese in a box & I see the SABATA triology look to be out in a few months.

But there are so many of these movies, just passed over or worse still on these cheap double feature discs (see other thread) & in most cases these are even worse than the VHS copies that are about!!

It just seems ashame that these movies (along with many others I know) are just lost to either no release or the worse copies ever.