Paramount OCTOBER DVD Release Slate

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Paramount OCTOBER DVD Release Slate

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Looks like an excellent October from Paramount -- with a lot of special features...a nice trend from the studio as well, even on catalog titles! :)

TITANIC -- Special Collector's Edition (3 Discs)

THE WARRIORS -- Ultimate Director's Cut (Re-Cut, apparently, with lots of extras)

STAR TREK: NEMESIS -- Special Collector's Edition (2 discs)

McCLINTOCK! (at last! Lots of extras)

HONDO (ditto)

DARLING LILI -- Director's Cut (Edwards' 107 min. cut, with all the deleted scenes in a supplement, plus other extras)

SAVE THE TIGER (commentary by John Avildsen and Steve Shagan)

THE ESCAPE ARTIST (audio commentary by Caleb Deschanel and others)

On the docket for November are the Collector's Edition of WAR OF THE WORLDS (I assume the Pal version) plus Season 1 of the TV series, WARNING SHOT and HAMMETT among others.

Eric W.

#2 Post by Eric W. »

Where's my Face/Off SE? :cry:

andy b

#3 Post by andy b »

I wonder if the Warriors will be the version they have shown on the BBC in the UK?
When I was living over there, they showed a version wih an opening in daylight which introduces each character.

It also had a few extra insert kind of shots. When the BBc showed it, it had the Gilf western logo & in wide screen, the works.

Really looking forward to this new release.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Andy, I'm hoping that's what we'll get here as well. Though I recall Hill might have said he was adding some new visuals to the movie and really mixing it up...we'll just have to wait and see.

This is all in preparation for a major WARRIORS blitz -- there's a new video game coming out this Fall (believe it or not!) and then a possible remake. The latter is the only downside, in that Tony Scott is attached to direct :(

andy b

#5 Post by andy b »

Tony Scott..........hmmmm

He can be good, I have recently seen Crimson Tide again, after many years & it's not as bad as when I first saw it.

But Man On Fire, yeeks!!

I liked the story line, but the crazy visuals drives me crazy.

Just have to hope he controls himself, if he intends to re-make The Warriors.

mkaroly

#6 Post by mkaroly »

Hey Andy- any info on the specs of the NEMESIS 2 disc collectors set? Commentary? Director's cut? Or is it the same as the one disc set with a couple of uneventful extras?

Carlson2005

#7 Post by Carlson2005 »

The War of the Worlds is the Pal version (I did some work on the European version as you know). It was put back at Spielberg's request to avoid confusion with his version. Looks like it should be petty decent, although I expect I'll be one of the very last to get a copy!

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Michael, NEMESIS is the same as the theatrical version. Extras are along the lines of the typical Trek SE's, though some of the deleted scenes ARE exclusive to this set, according to Trekweb.com:

The second disc will contain the following bonus features:

Nemesis Revisited Featurette

The Romulan Senate Featurette

Storyboarding the Action Featurette

The Scimitar Featurette

The Enterprise-E Featurette

Build and Rebuild Featurette

Romulan Lore Featurette

Shinzon & The Viceroy Featurette

Romulan Design Featurette

Four-Wheeling in the Final Frontier Featurette

Screen Test: Tom Hardy as Shinzon

But the most important bonus feature will be the release of new deleted scenes, including :

Wesley's New Mission (59s)

Data and B-4 (1m 50s)

The Chance for Peace (56s)

A Loss of Self (35s)

Remember Him? (Extended) (1m 47s)

Cleaning out Data's Quarters (1m 43s)

Crusher at Starfleet Medical (42s)

The disc will also include the Original Featurettes from the previous NEMESIS DVD release and three Hidden Eastereggs, plus Audio Commentary with Director Stuart Baird and Producer Rick Berman and Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda. The 2-disc DVD will be released on October 4th and will retail for $19.99.

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

Trevor -- is there a stereo track on WAR OF THE WORLDS?

That laserdisc remix was fantastic...I hope they do something along those lines for the new DVD.

Eric W.

#10 Post by Eric W. »

I'm only going to buy Nemesis for the extras. I have no interest in ever watching the movie itself ever again.

AndyDursin

#11 Post by AndyDursin »

Q-BanditZ wrote:I'm only going to buy Nemesis for the extras. I have no interest in ever watching the movie itself ever again.
The movie wasn't good...at all. :(

mkaroly

#12 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote:
Q-BanditZ wrote:I'm only going to buy Nemesis for the extras. I have no interest in ever watching the movie itself ever again.
The movie wasn't good...at all. :(
Right- Berman blew it. They had a chance to do an all out Federation vs. Romulan thing and all they had were three ships flying around in the great climactic battle sequence???? (maybe it was two- I don't remember). The final cut was too disjointed- the Troi side story didn't work very well.

romanD

#13 Post by romanD »

I just watched NEMESIS again and still like it a lot. The ending with Data blowing up was unnecessary, but all the rest I think is really great. The look, the effects, the story, the characters (Deanna and Co. are actually important to the story this time!)... I don't know why everybody hates it so much... it's easily as good as FC...

AndyDursin

#14 Post by AndyDursin »

romanD wrote:I just watched NEMESIS again and still like it a lot. The ending with Data blowing up was unnecessary, but all the rest I think is really great. The look, the effects, the story, the characters (Deanna and Co. are actually important to the story this time!)... I don't know why everybody hates it so much... it's easily as good as FC...
People hate it because it's terrible! :lol: Seriously Roman you are entitled to your opinion -- just as one of my best friends (a major Trek fan) is. He loved the movie too, but the two of you are in the minority.

romanD

#15 Post by romanD »

at least it is the only STAR TREK movie which has its own style... you can immediately tell it is NEMESIS with all the darkness and green... I liked that a lot...

what's up with the supposed next film... is that still on? Wonder who will score that. Maybe Tyler, as he has a good relationship with Sherry Lansing and di already a couple episodes of ENTERPRISE. I know John Ottman would die to do it, but he said, he has never done anything for Paramount, so he won't have a chance.