scarface

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
andy b

scarface

#1 Post by andy b »

Hi all

I have a chance of getting the new version of scarface very cheap.

I have the orginal Universal release, but are there any difference on the 'extras'?

I'm not usually a fan of extras, but this particular disc & documentary is 1 I have watched several times.

Having just had Jaws re-released with some extras, but also some parts missing, is Scarface another such victim?

All help will be apprecaited.

regards

andy b

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

The "new" (last year?) version of SCARFACE has a MUCH, MUCH better transfer and soundtrack than the previous DVD -- 16:9 and 5.1 too. Worth it alone on that end. It also has all the extras from the laserdisc (documentary, deleted scenes) and a bunch of rappers riffing on their hip-hop influencing genre favorite. :)

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: It also has all the extras from the laserdisc (documentary, deleted scenes) and a bunch of rappers riffing on their hip-hop influencing genre favorite. :)

That featurette is scarier than anything in the actual movie.

Carlson2005

#4 Post by Carlson2005 »

But it doesn't have all the extras from the original DVD release.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Carlson2005 wrote:But it doesn't have all the extras from the original DVD release.
It has most of them, doesn't it? The documentary is, what, split up into different segments? But the deleted scenes and TV footage is there.

From what I can tell it's missing the trailer and an isolated score track?

Eric W.

#6 Post by Eric W. »

Slightly related... why am I seeing a Carlito's Way prequel in production? WHY?!?!

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Q-BanditZ wrote:Slightly related... why am I seeing a Carlito's Way prequel in production? WHY?!?!
Yeah that's been in production...apparently there were several books written about the character, and I guess the movie performed well on video/DVD enough that they'd produce it. It IS a made-for-video project, however:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427038/

THE UNTOUCHABLES also is/was supposed to have a prequel shooting -- albeit a theatrical one, with Brian DePalma directing! It's supposed to chart the rise of Al Capone and use a young version of Sean Connery's character.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425602/