Sin City: Special Edition DVD

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric W.

Sin City: Special Edition DVD

#1 Post by Eric W. »

This is some of the most blatant double dipping yet, but intruiging nonetheless. Fans of this movie will eat this up without question.

It's probably going to be worth it just for the extras, a la Gladiator Extended Edition.

Widescreen Review Magazine, Issue 101, has a mini-interview with Robert Rodriguez on this subject.

The highlights:

- Due out in December.

- RR refers to this as the REAL DVD. He says he rushed out the first one because he was working on Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

RR says:
There are 3 stories based on 3 different books in the movie.

The second disc will have the stories seperated into their three different cuts, and you wil be able to watch them in the full cut of each sotry in any order that you want...with their own titles, like short films.
- Commentary by RR, Frank Miller, Quentin Tarantino.

- a 5.1 audience track recorded at the premiere in Austin, TX (Not sure what the point is to this)

- 20 minute film school, screen tests, costume, tests...

More details to come, probably from Andy, as we get closer to the December release of this Special Edition.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

No cut of the movie could possibly make me want to watch this again...

...but I'm sure fans will be happy. :)

For those complaining about the double-dip -- they DID tell you it was coming!! :wink:

Carlson2005

#3 Post by Carlson2005 »

Personally I'm waiting for the version that will digitally remove Clive Owen and replace him with a proper actor before I even go near it.