BLADE RUNNER 2049 - Official Thread

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Paul MacLean

Re: BLADE RUNNER to Return; Ridley Scott Directing

#16 Post by Paul MacLean »

mkaroly wrote:"
Big thumbs down to both of them - lol - I don't see either director making a good film on that subject matter.
I thought Spielberg was going to do Moses. Too bad, I'd have loved to have heard John Williams score a biblical epic.

Still, I'd rather see Scott direct a biblical epic than another "contemporary" subject (where his visionary style is wasted).

AndyDursin

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

Spielberg departed Moses for whatever reason. WB is trying to get Ang Lee to make that version now.

Paul MacLean

#18 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:Spielberg departed Moses for whatever reason. WB is trying to get Ang Lee to make that version now.
Well, that's one soundtrack I won't be buying. :roll:

AndyDursin

#19 Post by AndyDursin »

Alcon (let's hope this fares better than TRANSCENDENCE lol) has put an offer out to Harrison Ford to reprise his role in the BLADE RUNNER sequel which Hampton Fancher is now co-writing.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/harriso ... uel-offer/
Alcon Entertainment has an offer out to Harrison Ford to reprise his role of Rick Deckard in its Ridley Scott-directed sequel to Blade Runner. Original screenwriter Hampton Fancher and Michael Green are writing the new one, which takes place several decades after the conclusion of the 1982 original. Alcon acquired Blade Runner‘s film, television and ancillary rights in 2011 from producer Bud Yorkin to produce prequels and sequels of the sci-fi cult classic. Yorkin will serve as a producer on blade_runnerthe sequel along with Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson. Cynthia Sikes Yorkin will co-produce. Frank Giustra and Tim Gamble, CEO’s of Thunderbird Films, will serve as executive producers. Alcon actually sent a press release out that it offered the role to Ford (which is unusual in itself), but Ford gave an interview recently saying he was anxious to see the script. He has expressed interest in reprising the role in the past, but no deal is set as he has yet to read the script.

If Ford agrees to the script, this is the second audience-pleasing role the actor would be stepping into. He is also set in the next installment of the Star Wars franchise as the actor is currently readying to reprise his role as Han Solo with Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill in Star Wars: Episode VII for filmmaker J.J. Abrams, which Disney plans to release December 18, 2015. Abrams is directing, co-writing the script with Lawrence Kasdan and producing with Kathleen Kennedy and Bryan Burk. The project recently had a read-through with key members of the cast.

DavidBanner

#20 Post by DavidBanner »

I'll believe this when I actually hear about it going on a stage somewhere and being filmed. These kinds of deals happen all the time without anything every happening.

AndyDursin

#21 Post by AndyDursin »

DavidBanner wrote:I'll believe this when I actually hear about it going on a stage somewhere and being filmed. These kinds of deals happen all the time without anything every happening.
Maybe, but they've spent a seeming awful lot of time and effort into it so far. Not saying it should be made -- just, I think it'll happen given what they've invested in it recently.

Eric W.

#22 Post by Eric W. »

Don't want it. Another way too late way after the fact sequel.

Paul MacLean

#23 Post by Paul MacLean »

I want it, but only if Vangelis is involved.

Paul MacLean

#24 Post by Paul MacLean »

Looks like Ridley Scott is off the project...

AndyDursin

#25 Post by AndyDursin »

That video is a bit misleading. He's definitely not off the project -- he's producing it, and is apparently trying to figure out if he wants to direct it or not. It's very much like PROMETHEUS 2 -- it's going to happen, with him producing it at least, but whether or not he's going to direct is a whole other matter.

Some tidbits here --

http://www.mtv.com/news/2022628/ridley- ... er-script/
The “Exodus: Gods and Kings” director has the Matt Damon science fiction movie “The Martian” next on his plate, as well as two sequels to two other Scott-helmed sci-fi efforts: “Prometheus” and “Blade Runner.”

While chatting with MTV News, Scott confirmed some of the story details surrounding “Prometheus 2,” namely that it’ll continue to explore the relationship between Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw and Michael Fassbender’s severed head of android David. But David might not be body-free for too long.

“Once that head comes off, he’s very dangerous, and he’s also very seductive,” Scott teased. “Maybe he can persuade you to put his head back on.”

Beyond “Prometheus,” Scott has a lot on his mind in terms of “Blade Runner 2,” although right now he’s not sure about directing the sequel to his 1982 cult classic. However, “it’s written and ready to go,” and there’s at least one name who is “absolutely” on board: Harrison Ford.

“I sent him this [script] and he said it’s the best thing he’s ever read,” said Scott. “It’s very relevant to what happened in the first one.”

Paul MacLean

#26 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:However, “it’s written and ready to go,” and there’s at least one name who is “absolutely” on board: Harrison Ford.

“I sent him this [script] and he said it’s the best thing he’s ever read,” said Scott. “It’s very relevant to what happened in the first one.”
That's a bit more encouraging, though I'd be more excited to hear Vangelis is absolutely on board.

AndyDursin

#27 Post by AndyDursin »

It's official -- Denis Villeneuve is directing with Harrison Ford returning. I guess Scott's plate was too full.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/denis ... 201442794/

Eric W.

Re: BLADE RUNNER 2 Official: Ford Returns; Villeneuve Direct

#28 Post by Eric W. »

Another sequel that's at least 20 years overdue.

AndyDursin

Re: BLADE RUNNER 2 Official: Ford Returns; Villeneuve Direct

#29 Post by AndyDursin »

Well this adds more cold water on the project...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ryan- ... 201474022/
Ryan Gosling is in negotiations to star in the “Blade Runner” sequel opposite Harrison Ford.

“Prisoners” helmer Denis Villeneuve is directing the sci-fi thriller for Alcon Entertainment with Ridley Scott producing.

Written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green, the “Blade Runner” sequel will take place several decades after the 1982 original.

Ford will reprise his role as Rick Deckard in the film, which originally took place in a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles.

It’s unknown who Gosling will play in the pic.

The actor, who recently made his directorial debut on “Lost River,”will next be seen in “The Nice Guys” with Russell Crowe.

He is currently in production starring opposite Christian Bale, Brad Pitt and Steve Carrell in “The Big Short.”

Villeneuve’s next film, “Sicario,” was announced as an official Cannes Film Festival entry on Thursday. It stars Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benico del Toro.

Monterey Jack

Re: BLADE RUNNER 2 - Ryan Gosling (BOOO) to Star

#30 Post by Monterey Jack »

Gosling is an excellent actor.