BATMAN V SUPERMAN - "Solemn...No Fun"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

BATMAN V SUPERMAN - "Solemn...No Fun"

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Godot is an Israeli actress who's appeared in the fast couple of FAST & THE FURIOUS movies.
BREAKING: Warner Bros and Zack Snyder have found their Wonder Woman. They’ve cast Gal Gadot in the iconic role and she will be part of Batman Vs. Superman, the film that will see Henry Cavill square off with Ben Affleck.

Gadot has been in three Fast & Furious films, as well as Knight and Day and Date Night. Given that Warner Bros has bolstered its starpower with Affleck and has Cavill returning from the summer hit Man Of Steel, it makes sense to groom new stars in the supporting roles, the way that Marvel has done. All this is clearly gearing toward the long awaited Justice League film, all based on the DC Comics characters.

Zack Snyder stated: “Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character.”
http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/newcome ... -superman/

AndyDursin

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN - Gal Godot Cast as Wonder Woman

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN - Joaquin Phoenix = Lex Luthor?

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Jesus, does Lex Luthor have to be in EVERY Superman movie? :? It's always either him or Zod (or both), when there are DOZENS of supervillains from the comics ripe for a big screen treatment. What about Metallo, Mr. Mxyzptlk [?] or Parasite? ANYONE other than Lex Luthor for the umpteenth time. To date, the only Superman movie to lack Lex was Superman III (of course, that movie had plenty more problems :lol: ).

AndyDursin

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN - Joaquin Phoenix = Lex Luthor?

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

HAHAHAHA I almost fell off the chair when I read this. Nothing "out of left field" here in terms of casting -- this is just a shameless nod to the young demographic Warner Bros. desperately wants to show up to see this film.

Eisenberg is a one trick pony, always the same in every film he's been in. The only way this would've been worse is if Michael Cera had gotten the role 5-10 years ago. Eisenberg is bound to just repeat his Zucker role from THE SOCIAL NETWORK -- you can see it already.

Irons is a good choice, but man, good luck guys. After the disappointing MAN OF STEEL nothing about this film is getting me the least interested in seeing it -- and about "Chris Terrio is currently writing the script". This movie started shooting already and then had the breaks put on it...another good sign!! :lol:

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/jesse-e ... rner-bros/
Two more key roles have been cast in Zack Snyder’s upcoming Superman-Batman movie for Warner Bros. Jesse Eisenberg will play Superman’s arch enemy Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Bruce Wayne’s butler/mentor Alfred in the pic, which is set for a May 6, 2016 release. They join Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent in what Warners is billing as a sequel to its Man Of Steel; Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne; and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane also are in the new pic.

Both castings show the young-ification of the DC Comics franchise; Caine is 15 years older than Irons, and Gene Hackman, the most prominent of past big-screen Lex Luthors, was in his late 30s and early 40s when he played the role. Eisenberg is 30. Irons, who takes over from Michael Caine who played the role in Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, joins fellow Oscar winner Affleck and Oscar nominees Adams, Fishburne and Lane in the movie; Eisenberg was nominated for an Oscar for The Social Network.

“Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940,” Snyder said in Warner Bros’ announcement of the castings today. “What’s great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He’s a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.” As for Irons: “As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne’s most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure. He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman,” Snyder said. “It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne.”

Chris Terrio is currently writing the script from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns executive producing.

Eric W.

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN - Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor! LOLOLOL

#5 Post by Eric W. »

Very little interest at this point although I like Godot. ;)

AndyDursin

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN - Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor! LOLOLOL

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

First pic of Bat-fleck...still can't believe this thing is filming and won't be out in theaters for 2 YEARS.

Edmund Kattak

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie - 2016

#7 Post by Edmund Kattak »

He kind of looks like a bloated Batman from this angle. I hate re-inventions with no continuity from previous franchise. Bruce Banner notwithstanding, at least the Marvel movies fit together when cross pollinating characters.
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

Re: SUPERMAN/BATMAN Movie - 2016

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Superman can't even get top billing in what's supposedly his own sequel. lol

DavidBanner

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE - May 2016

#9 Post by DavidBanner »

Maybe Batman and Superman could work together to beat up the filmmakers? That would be justice.

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

On the other hand, at least they're actually calling them Batman and Superman.

I'm sure Warner test-marketed THE DARK KNIGHT V MAN OF STEEL and found it was too long to fit on the marquee :lol:

Mike Skerritt

#11 Post by Mike Skerritt »

The funniest joke I saw on Twitter about it was that it was the story of Batman Vincent Superman.

Also Andy, I'm 99.9% sure the second picture in the original post isn't Gal Gadot.

AndyDursin

#12 Post by AndyDursin »

That's what I thought too but it was run in an article on Variety on her. Maybe pre-plastic surgery?? lol. You're right though, it doesn't look like her. I'll remove it!

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

Nikki Finke launched her new site with several news items, including an alleged leak of the upcoming DC Comics movies.

What's interesting to me is that this BATMAN V SUPERMAN film is now, apparently, no longer the MAN OF STEEL sequel they initially announced -- but rather a straight-up advertisement/prequel for the JUSTICE LEAGUE film. Also, one of the reasons for its delayed release was wrapping up all the super-hero roles that will cameo in the movie (including a recast Green Lantern), and getting those actors under contract for subsequent pictures. I guess Batman's not just a secondary role (which makes sense seeing as he gets top billing!) after all.

Anyway...doesn't sound very promising to me.

Here's the supposed slate of DC properties coming our way:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/

AndyDursin

#14 Post by AndyDursin »