BATMAN V SUPERMAN - "Solemn...No Fun"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE - Wonder Woman Pic

#16 Post by Monterey Jack »

mkaroly wrote:The uniform needs color.
EVERY modern-day superhero costume needs color. Then again, Snyder didn't even give Supes his trademark red underpants, so I don't know why I was expecting any different with WW. :cry:

AndyDursin

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE - Wonder Woman Pic

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

Guess DC decided to blink in what would've been the first Marvel Vs. DC movie go-around. New date for BATMAN V SUPERMAN is March 25, 2016 (get in line now!), moving it away from CAPTAIN AMERICA 3. They may have figured after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY hit $90+ mil it was a wise move (and I'd agree).

And can't get enough of those comic book flicks? DC has outlined their own slate of 2-a-year super hero films. Add in Marvel's slate and you'll be looking at least 4 genre films a year -- to say nothing of what any other studio is going to produce.

You have fatigue now? Just wait 5 years. :twisted:
UNTITLED DC MOVIES:

8/5/16,
6/23/17
11/17/17
3/23/18
7/27/18,
4/5/19,
6/14/19,
4/3/20, &
6/19/20.

jkholm

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN Moves to March '16/DC Slots 9 New Film

#18 Post by jkholm »

I still have not seen MAN OF STEEL and I'm not in a big hurry to do so. While I enjoyed BATMAN BEGINS and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, I can't work up any enthusiasm over this new Batman/Superman movie, especially after I just re-watched the original SUPERMAN last week.

AndyDursin

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN Moves to March '16/DC Slots 9 New Film

#19 Post by AndyDursin »

Looks like the worst-kept secret is out.

It's too bad also that WB is using all the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS elements in this film (older Bat, female Robin) and not keeping them for a proper filmization of that Miller story.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batma ... 201332852/

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” will reportedly feature a female Robin, with actress Jena Malone rumored to be playing Carrie Kelly, according to a local news station in Detroit.

WILX-10 News station reporter Kirk Montgomery spoke with one of the extras on the film’s ultra-secret set at Michigan State University, where a scene involving Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) and Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) was being filmed this week.

“I’ve also learned that the character of Robin is now female,” he said alluding to the film’s script.

Warner Bros. declined to comment.

Malone, who recently appeared in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” has been spotted on set and premieres with a new red hairdo.

Casting rumors for “Batman v Superman” have been in high demand since director Zack Snyder revealed the project at Comic-Con last year.

The anonymous extra who spoke to WILX faces a hefty fine of $5 million after signing a non-disclosure agreement with Warner Bros.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” co-starring Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot, opens March 25, 2016.

Eric W.

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN - Jena Malone Playing Robin (?)

#20 Post by Eric W. »

Very little interest overall.

mkaroly

#21 Post by mkaroly »

Yeah - this is turning out to be something I am losing interest in seeing.

AndyDursin

#22 Post by AndyDursin »

Good news! JunkieXL co-scoring the movie with Hans Zimmer!

Hans is too busy trying to craft "themes" like his MAN OF STEEL score so he's letting the Junkie handle BATMAN (it's just too much work you know).

I also laughed outloud when someone on the FSM thread said they dug the "TUNES" in the MOS score, as if it had any thematic development. Even the theme is more of a fragmented motif, it's not even a developed piece of music.

I'd rather listen to radio static...or Taylor Swift (sorry there I said it lol)

jkholm

#23 Post by jkholm »

AndyDursin wrote:Good news! JunkieXL co-scoring the movie with Hans Zimmer!

Hans is too busy trying to craft "themes" like his MAN OF STEEL score so he's letting the Junkie handle BATMAN (it's just too much work you know).

I also laughed outloud when someone on the FSM thread said they dug the "TUNES" in the MOS score, as if it had any thematic development. Even the theme is more of a fragmented motif, it's not even a developed piece of music.

I'd rather listen to radio static...or Taylor Swift (sorry there I said it lol)
Yeah, I saw that news yesterday and shook my head. It's amazing what a shift has occurred regarding how people think film music should be composed and what it ought to sound like. Very different than earlier decades.

AndyDursin

Re: BATMAN V SUPERMAN - Trailer Leaked

#24 Post by AndyDursin »

Wrong video.

Warner took down the legit version!

AndyDursin

#25 Post by AndyDursin »

Edmund Kattak

#26 Post by Edmund Kattak »

Warner official release on Youtube

Indeed,
Ed

Paul MacLean

#27 Post by Paul MacLean »

Funny how they're trying to invest the film with "realism" by showing how Superman would become an object of controversy and derision in the "real world"...yet they ignore the obvious fact that in the "real world" Superman would also dismiss Batman as inferior, powerless and inconsequential.

I'd rather watch Supergirl than this thing.

AndyDursin

#28 Post by AndyDursin »

It looks even more soulless, depressing and dark -- literally and figuratively -- than I thought it would.

And what's more -- where's the suspense, as in who cares? You know they're going to join up to form the Justice League anyway. So they jump around and punch each other like MAN OF STEEL for 150 minutes?

Or maybe I'm just getting too old for this **** :lol:

EDIT - Reaction online seems to be universally poor. Guess it's not just us! :lol:

Eric W.

#29 Post by Eric W. »

I'd much rather see this as would a lot of other people.

AndyDursin

#30 Post by AndyDursin »

Extended Comic Con trailer -- with lots of Snyder's subtle imagery onhand!