Network DVD/BD - NEW RELEASES

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Re: Network DVD/BD - New Releases.

#46 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:John are you in the US or in the UK? I ordered a few discs on the 20th thru Network and they haven't arrived yet.
Andy,

I currently live in the U.S. In the past, I have ordered through Network, and sometimes they have taken their time coming through. I don't know if it's them or the Post office. I'm not sure, but I think the last time ordered from them, they sent a shipping notice. Have you received one?

I tend not to order too much from Network directly, as I find their shipping charges to be quite high.

Buy the way, what titles did you order? Not Hawk the Slayer, is it? :D
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#47 Post by AndyDursin »

LOL no but I will pick it up at some point! I bought Tamarind Seed plus Raise the Titanic & Legend of the Lone Ranger as I find Shout's transfers to be noisy and foreign versions preferable if they exist.

I ordered them on the 20th and got a quick shipping notice. The price was markedly lower than Amazon UK and the shipping reasonable as well, but I've yet to see them!

John Johnson

#48 Post by John Johnson »

40% off over 1,600 titles? Oh, go on then…

We were thinking… as Deal of the Week is still away on its summer holiday, how can we fill the gap? Well, we’ve decided to do a lot more than just fill the gap. For the next three weeks there will be 40% off all Network titles, excluding titles released after 9th March 2015.

Whether you’re after a bit of classic comedy, some tense drama or a classic British film, there really is something for everyone. So, sit back, relax, and explore the incredible selection of titles we have on offer!

Terms and conditions

For orders over a certain combined weight there will be a standard one-off shipping charge of £3.60 (£40 for overseas), which will automatically added at checkout, before you make your payment.

Orders from non-UK countries may be subject to Customs and Excise charges which you will be liable to pay to receive your goods.

Some titles are sold on a ‘while stock lasts’ basis.

As with previous sales, uptake will be very high. Your order will be despatched within 7-14 days, probably sooner but please be patient for at least 21 days.

Please note that this promotion is only for titles currently in stock – out of stock titles and future releases are not included.

Titles released after 9th March 2015 are not included in the sale.

Sale starts 14:00 on Friday 12th June 2015 and ends 16:00 on Friday 3rd July 2015.

Offer can be withdrawn or changed without notice at any time by Network Distributing Ltd.

Offer only applies to items purchased through networkonair.com

http://networkonair.com/features/2015/06/12/40-sale-3/

John Johnson

#49 Post by John Johnson »

British distributors Network have officially announced that they will release on Blu-ray Nigel Kneale's Quatermass. The release will be available for purchase on July 27.

Synopsis: John Mills brings a stoic intensity to the role of Professor Bernard Quatermass in this key piece of British dystopian fiction from visionary writer Nigel Kneale. Unsettling in its vision of a crumbling society coming under alien attack, Quatermass is directed with characteristic style by BAFTA winner Piers Haggard and features the high production values associated with Euston Films. Shot on 35mm, the original negatives have been used for this stunning, brand-new High Definition restoration – a new 5.1 mix from original triple-track audio elements is also presented here alongside the original mono soundtrack.

Bernard Quatermass, former head of the British Rocket Group, lives in seclusion in western Scotland, watching in appalled silence as Britain slowly turns into a vision of violence, gang rule and governmental collapse. A desperate search for his missing granddaughter plunges him into a terrifying situation when he comes to realise that the mass disappearance of thousands of youths is nothing less than the culling of the human species by an unknown alien intelligence...

Special Features:
Brand-new 5.1 mix for episodic version
Brand-new HD restoration of The Quatermass Conclusion in its original theatrical aspect ratio
Music-only tracks for all four episodes
Episode recaps
Textless titles
Image Gallery
Booklet by archive TV historian Andrew Pixley

Note: A Limited Edition first run of this Blu-ray will be available in four different colored sleeves, based on the title color scheme of each episode. These sleeves will be fulfilled randomly and specific colors will not be able to be ordered. Once the Limited Edition sleeves have sold out, the cover design will revert to a standard cover which matches the accompanying DVD release.

AndyDursin

#50 Post by AndyDursin »

They reshipped me the "lost discs" which I did get in about 6 days -- had to sign for them. They would not honor the sale price despite the fact I ordered over 30 days ago.

I'll be sure to order from Amazon UK even if I pay more from now on.

John Johnson

#51 Post by John Johnson »

Andy,

Did you order Hawk the Slayer? Amazon UK have it for £8.99.

AndyDursin

#52 Post by AndyDursin »

Thanks John...I picked it up at that price last week and got it yesterday. Haven't watched it yet but at least I was on the right side of the sale this time!

John Johnson

#53 Post by John Johnson »

British distributors Network have announced that they will. release on Blu-ray director Val Guest's film 80,000 Suspects (1963), starring Claire Bloom, Richard Johnson, Yolande Donlan, Cyril Cusack, and Michael Goodliffe. The release will be available for purchase on October 29.

Synopsis: Richard Johnson and Claire Bloom, multi-award-winning stars of The Haunting, are reunited in this powerful romantic drama set against the backdrop of a smallpox epidemic in the city of Bath. One of BAFTA-winning director Val Guest's most memorable films, 80,000 Suspects is presented here in a brand-new High Definition transfer from the original film elements, in its as-exhibited theatrical aspect ratio.

Dr Steven Monk suspects smallpox when he is asked to examine a patient with unusual symptoms. The diagnosis is quickly confirmed and the authorities mobilise to try to contain the outbreak, with Monk working tirelessly to prevent an epidemic. With his marriage on the verge of collapse, however, this personal crisis threatens to overshadow his vital work as the deadly disease moves ever closer to those he loves…

Special Features:
Image gallery
Promotional material PDFs

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17244

John Johnson

#54 Post by John Johnson »

British distributors Network will release on Blu-ray director Walter Forde's thriller Rome Express (1932), starring Muriel Aked, Joan Barry, and Donald Calthrop. The release will be available for purchase on November 2.

Synopsis: A key 1930s thriller from director Walter Forde, Rome Express stars Conrad Veidt – in his first British film role – alongside Cedric Hardwicke and Gordon Harker as intrigue unfolds on the legendary express train that once linked Paris to Rome. Whimsically scripted by Sidney Gilliat, this seminal adventure would ultimately inspire a genre of thrillers and is presented here in a brand new High Definition transfer from original film elements in its as-exhibited aspect ratio.

A sinister character boards the Rome Express on the trail of a valuable Van Dyke painting, recently stolen from a Paris gallery. Much to his annoyance he finds the train populated with a motley assortment of passengers. including adulterous lovers, a wealthy philanthropist, a golf fanatic, a French police chief and an American silent-film star – any one of whom could have the painting he desperately seeks…

Special Features:
Image Gallery

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17287

John Johnson

#55 Post by John Johnson »

British distributors Network have officially announced and detailed their upcoming Blu-ray release of director Peter Yates' crime drama Robbery (1967), starring Stanley Baker, Joanna Pettet, James Booth, Frank Finlay, and Barry Foster. The release will be available for purchase on August 31.

Official synopsis: Based on the planning and execution of criminal cause celebre The Great Train Robbery, this taut, meticulously researched drama stars Stanley Baker (Zulu, Accident) as a crime boss undertaking the heist of his career – with James Booth (Pray For Death), Frank Finlay (The Pianist) and Barry Foster (Frenzy) among the gang he assembles.

Co-produced by Baker and directed by multiple-Oscar-nominated Peter Yates (Bullitt, Krull), Robbery is a classic of British Film – exceptionally scripted (winning a Writers' Guild of Great Britain Award for Best British Screenplay), beautifully acted and sporting a legendary score by composer-arranger Johnny Keating (Hotel, Innocent Bystanders). It is presented here as a brand-new High Definition transfer from original film elements in its original aspect ratio.

Having successfully pulled off a daring jewel heist, Paul Clifton prepares to hit a mail train heading south from Glasgow. Several difficulties stand in his way, however, not the least of which is the police – who are hot on his tail and already in receipt of a tip-off about his next job.

Special Features:
Brand-new interview with Michael Deeley
Cinema: Stanley Baker
German film The Great Train Robbery
Waiting for the Signal: The Making of Robbery
Behind the scenes footage
Image Gallery
Promotional Materials PDF
Commemorative booklet

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17345

John Johnson

#56 Post by John Johnson »

Our ITV 60th birthday celebrations have seen the launch of a brand new trailer, an exclusive ITV60 boxset and now, we place the cherry on top of the ITV cake. For just six days, there will be 60% off an incredible array of ITV shows, films and documentaries.

So, whether you want to laugh along with Morecambe and Wise, fight crime with The Sweeney, party with The Rolling Stones or walk along Coronation Street, there’s something here for everyone.

http://networkonair.com/features/2015/0 ... v-60-sale/

AndyDursin

#57 Post by AndyDursin »

Thanks John, picked up THE PERSUADERS for under $40 shipped. I was going to order the German release but preferred the Network set.

John Johnson

#58 Post by John Johnson »

FINALLY!

Long-awaited, long-overdue: The Professionals as you have never seen them before.

Bodie and Doyle need little by way of introduction, but if the series had at all escaped you since its debut in 1977 their boss George Cowley, head of CI5, couldn’t put it more succinctly than his opening gambit: "anarchy, acts of terror, crimes against the public. To combat it I’ve got special men – experts from the army, the police, from every service. These are The Professionals".

Featuring the perfect ensemble cast of Martin Shaw, Gordon Jackson (completely against type here) and the much-missed Lewis Collins, the series ran for 57 action-packed episodes and made an immediate impact on British and then international audiences which has sustained 35 years. But the series has never looked this good. Painstakingly restored from the camera-original negatives the series could have been made yesterday. No matter how many times you have seen The Professionals, this is a new experience, like seeing it for the first time.

FEATURES ON THIS NEW EDITION
[] Brand-new, High Definition restorations of all 18 episodes in series four and five from the camera-original negatives
[] Brand-new 5.1 tracks from original sound elements
[] Remastered original as-broadcast mono tracks
[] Remastered music-only tracks featuring Laurie Johnson’s original scores
[] HD photo galleries featuring hundreds of rare and previously unseen images
[] Exclusive book of programme notes authored by TV historian Andrew Pixley, which documents the complete production history for the 18 episodes in series four and five
[] All episodes are presented in their original production order
[] PDF material featuring scripts and memorabilia
[] English HOH subtitles

http://networkonair.com/shop/2332-profe ... 05848.html
Last edited by John Johnson on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

John Johnson

#59 Post by John Johnson »

We’ve had to keep this quiet for a while now, but before we take a little break and spend our Christmas in the company of ITV60, we have a rather exciting announcement for you.

We have agreed a new deal with Fremantle, kicking off in just two weeks, that will see us releasing a huge number of brand-new titles. The Network catalogue is about to get even more diverse and impressive.

This new deal will see us releasing brand-new versions of Minder, Rumpole of the Bailey, The World at War, Reilly – Ace of Spies, The Kenny Everett Video Show and many more. We will also be delving yet further into the Fremantle archives to bring never-before-released titles to your home, as well as continuing releases of current hits including QI, Birds of a Feather, Cuckoo, Great British Railway Journeys and Trollied.

All of this, plus the fourth and final edition of The Professionals and even more classics from The British Film collection, makes 2016 our most exciting year yet.

Oh, and there will be another sensational announcement flying your way before Christmas…

http://networkonair.com/features/2015/1 ... ouncement/

John Johnson

#60 Post by John Johnson »

Coming to Blu-ray in 2016.