YOUNG HAN SOLO CHRONICLES - 2018

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

YOUNG HAN SOLO CHRONICLES - 2018

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Kasdans writing, the LEGO/JUMP STREET guys directing.

Can't muster an ounce of enthusiasm for this as the Disneyfied Lucas "banner" gets cranking...and so much for all new, fresh stories. I mean, they have an entire GALAXY at their disposal and they're choosing to reboot/recycle stuff we've seen? Or never cared ABOUT seeing?

Hopefully they cast one of the Hemsworths...lol

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... off-807153

BobaMike

Re: YOUNG HAN SOLO CHRONICLES - 2018

#2 Post by BobaMike »

I'm hopeful...both the Lego movie and Jump Street 1/2 were hilarious, with good action sequences. My worry is who will be Han Solo?

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Too bad River Phoenix is dead.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Too bad Harrison Ford can't be cloned.

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

Chris Pratt?
Sorry, had to mention it. :D
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Lol I was going there and refrained.

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

When are we going to get a solo Ree-Yees movies, dammit?! :evil:

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

I'd rather see a Greedo movie.

I mean, Disney's Star Wars playbook is so far rife with the safest and most predictable choices imaginable. New trilogy with the old cast serving in the Alec Guinness type of capacity but almost certainly will recycle the same story line as Parts IV-VI (ooh look, the Empire rises again! lol). "Spin off movies" with Han Solo and the Josh Tank one was supposed to be Boba Fett.

The Lego guys are pretty talented -- I wouldn't say the JUMP STREET films are classics or anything close to them -- but by today's standards they're "visionaries." Will they come up with a respectable, modern movie that will make money? Sure.

My main problem is...I've never cared who Han Solo was before STAR WARS. Why should I now?

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

Because when I think of Han Solo and Harrison Ford, freaking Aaron Taylor-Johnson is the first kid that comes to mind. lol

Wow. Hope they go with an unknown over this crew...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... olo-844956

Paul MacLean

#10 Post by Paul MacLean »

Paging Sean Patrick Flanery...

mkaroly

#11 Post by mkaroly »

I agree with Andy - I didn't care about who Han Solo was before SW and don't care now. Sounds like The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles...except worse since Indiana Jones is a more interesting character IMO.

Monterey Jack

#12 Post by Monterey Jack »

Great, an eight-year-old Han running around squealing "Yippie....!" :shock:

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

Casting might happen soon because the character is due for a STAR WARS ROGUE ONE cameo:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star- ... 201675519/
Sources tell Variety that after seeing thousands of actors, execs have cut the list down to about a dozen actors with Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Jack Reynor, Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman, “Brooklyn” star Emory Cohen and “Everybody Wants Some” actor Blake Jenner among the names making the cut.

AndyDursin

#14 Post by AndyDursin »

Well, this will help keep me away. lol

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/woody ... 201943429/
After playing a mentor to Katniss Everdeen in “The Hunger Games” franchise, Woody Harrelson might help guide another iconic character’s journey.

Sources tell Variety that, while talks are still in the early stages, Harrelson is the top choice to play Han Solo’s mentor in the upcoming “Star Wars” spinoff starring Alden Ehrenreich.

Donald Glover and Emilia Clarke also star, with Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing. Disney had no comment.

The movie will be set prior to “Star Wars: A New Hope,” like the other “Star Wars” standalone project, “Rogue One,” which hit theaters on Dec. 16.

Kathleen Kennedy and Allison Shearmur are producing the spinoff film, which is expected to begin production in January. The movie is slated to hit theaters on May 25, 2018. Harrelson and Shearmur have close ties from their work on “The Hunger Games,” when Shearmur was overseeing the project for Lionsgate.

The ensemble has already begun filling with rising stars, but executives wanted this role to go to an actor with considerable clout, and started meeting with actors over the past several weeks.

The first “Star Wars Story,” “Rogue One,” has set the bar high. Along with overwhelmingly positive reviews, it has grossed more than $800 million worldwide, and is still in theaters.

In the past year, Harrelson has kept busy, appearing in the cop drama “Triple Nine,” “Now You See Me 2,” “LBJ,” and “The Edge of Seventeen.”

The coming year looks just as busy, with “The Glass Castle” opposite Brie Larson, “Wilson,” and the highly anticipated “War of the Planet of the Apes,” in which he plays the new antagonist. He is repped by CAA.

Monterey Jack

#15 Post by Monterey Jack »

Personally, I find Harrelson to be watchable in pretty much everything (even crap movies), so I have no problems with this. He was fantastic in the recent Edge Of Seventeen.

Also guess that reported cameo in Rogue One fell through.