KING ARTHUR Axed from Summer, Moves to Feb 2017

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: KING ARTHUR Axed from Summer, Moves to Feb 2017

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

Scratch that estimate! $14 million opening is going to make this one of the infamous all-time movie disasters.

Deadline article:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/king-arthur ... 202092765/

Paul MacLean

#17 Post by Paul MacLean »

Monterey Jack wrote: I remember that some people were offended at the time that they digitally inflated Keira Knightley's bustline for some of the King Arthur posters.
I wonder if they'll do that with Bruce Jenner when they reissue Can't Stop The Music.

Eric Paddon

#18 Post by Eric Paddon »

How about putting a picture of "Caitlyn" on a new poster of "They Call Me Bruce?" :)

Monterey Jack

#19 Post by Monterey Jack »

3.5/10

aka Public Domain: The Movie. Gloomy, poorly-structured, and with precious little of Guy Ritchie's usual visual and editorial snap (aside from a brief "boyhood to manhood" montage in the Snatch style), This one plants Excalibur square in the heart of the Arthurian Legends as any sort of grist for cinematic adaptations. Seriously...we've SEEN it, it's DONE. Humorless, visually-drab and with visual effects that would have looked state-of-the-art circa 1998, Legend Of The Sword is the latest second-week-of-May stinkbomb from Warner Bros., and you have to wonder why anyone involved wasted a year or so of their lives in rehashing this source material for the umpteenth time.