Star Trek: Fan Collective - Borg

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Bill Williams

Star Trek: Fan Collective - Borg

#1 Post by Bill Williams »

I just got my review copy of the first Star Trek Fan Collective DVD set yesterday, featuring episodes themed around the Borg, and I've posted my review on TrekWeb.com.

Basically put, I'm really disappointed with these new Fan Collective sets. After shelling out who knows how much bucks to get all of the Star Trek series and films on DVD, now we're getting this? I'll admit, it's a good sampler set for those people unwilling to shell out $100+ a pop for a season set and want to view selected episodes from the different series under a collected theme, but for those people (like me) who have all the series, it's a waste of $40 just to get three new text commentaries from the Okudas that weren't available previously.

If it were up to me, I would have placed some good extras on the set, such as all of the footage from the "Star Trek: Borg" interactive CD-ROM game (a la "Enter the Matrix" on the Ultimate "Matrix" Collection set), and a special DVD version of the "Borg Invasion 4-D" adventure (for those of us unable to shell out the bucks to make it to the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton).

It's on par with the Jean-Luc Picard Collection from 2004.
I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise.