BOARD UPDATE - New Video Embedding

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

BOARD UPDATE - New Video Embedding

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

It's been far too long since I updated the Message Board so this morning I've spent the better part of two hours updating the database and all relevant files (first time it's been done in 18 months).

The big new change, and it's a good one, is that VIDEOS will be automatically embedded if you include the URL. So, for example, there is no need to link to a Youtube video using the Youtube button at the top of the page (which is no longer there). Just cut and paste the website link from your browser and the new software will take care of it.

This will work with not only Youtube but over 100 sites, including most major video sources, linked to here:
https://github.com/s9e/XenForoMediaBBCodes

I'm still working on Styles and the overall look of the board -- what was compatible before is no longer compatible, so I have to find new themes and such and make sure they work. I'll keep working on that as time (and Theo!) allows, but in the meantime, the board is now more secure and up to date which is the most important thing.

When you haven't done this kind of thing in a while, it can be nerve-wracking, but the good news is everything seems to be OK. 8)