Shyamalan's SPLIT

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Shyamalan's SPLIT

#1 Post by Monterey Jack »

Reviews are actually looking...good at the moment. 78% on RT. :shock: Then again, some critics gave praise to the godawful and more-than-a-little-offensive The Visit. :? Still, glad this is coming out so my eardrums won't be subjected to that obnoxious, deafening trailer again.

B O O M

plick!

B O O M

plick!

B O O M

plick!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Also no James Newton Howard score...haven't even heard of the composer on this one.

AndyDursin

Re: Shyamalan's SPLIT

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Variety reviewed this (positively as well) literally months ago, so Universal must've had some confidence in it. I feel like I've been serial-killered out by the subject matter, but if it's suspenseful, the genre sure could use a shot in the arm.

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

I am done with him so I won't go see his films anymore. THE HAPPENING was too much (i.e. laughably horrible). Hopefully you will like it MJ as I don't want to see u waste your money!

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

Oh, I doubt I'll see it in theaters (It'd take a 100% on RT to get me to do that :lol: ), but I'm sure I'll get around to it on Netflix in four months or so. Just cautiously curious that critics seem to be responding to it favorably for the most part, with a lot citing it as his strongest work since The Sixth Sense (not that that's a ringing endorsement at this point).

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Someone spoiled SPLIT in a column I was reading. Frankly, I'm thrilled they did as I have no interest now in seeing it at all.

Eric W.

#6 Post by Eric W. »

Couldn't be less interested.

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

8/10

Michael Bay last January, Shyamalan this year...I guess in another twelve months it'll be the turn for the Wachowski Siblings to actually make a good movie. :shock: Seriously, Split is GOOD...genuinely tense and unnerving and well-acted, with only fitful grace notes of the director's usual awkward eccentricities. I honestly didn't think he had something this good still in him.

Eric W.

#8 Post by Eric W. »

Wow.