ABC Motion Pictures Catalog Coming to Blu-Ray

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

ABC Motion Pictures Catalog Coming to Blu-Ray

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Great to see this, as a slew of titles that have never been in HD will now be available thanks to Kino Lorber.

Kino Lorber's deal, apparently, includes the ABC Motion Pictures catalog (the Selznick back catalog and Cinerama too) but is limited to titles that have never been released on DVD from Touchstone/Hollywood/Disney. Thus, there's probably very little in the latter of note.

First title up is PRIZZI'S HONOR, which I'm not a fan of...but here's hoping there's good stuff to come :)

AndyDursin

Re: Kino Lorber Licenses ABC Motion Pictures Catalog

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

A couple I WOULD like to see...

From the Touchstone stable:

Paul MacLean

Re: ABC Motion Pictures Catalog Coming to Blu-Ray

#3 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote: First title up is PRIZZI'S HONOR, which I'm not a fan of...but here's hoping there's good stuff to come :)
Always thought thought this was a weird film -- and oddly timed. In the same season as Rambo, Goonies and Back to the Future came a black sex comedy about the mafia starring Jack Nicholson, and directed by Joh Huston (by this point in his 80s).

In any case, I am very excited by Kino Lorber's announcement, as the ABC Motion Pictures catalog includes The Last Valley, which I've wanted on Blu-ray for years (the Anchor Bay DVD is an early non-anamorphic, non progressive-scan transfer, and very poor by today's standards).