The Sinbad Blu-ray Trilogy

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

The Sinbad Blu-ray Trilogy

#1 Post by John Johnson »

At first glance, this looks like an impressive boxset.

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 26 June 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer in conversation – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Restored from the original negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
• The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Previously unreleased audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer
• New interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• New interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• Limited edition box set of 6,000
...AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

REGION FREE

http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/produc ... rilogy-dfe
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

Re: The Sinbad Blu-ray Trilogy

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Hmmm, I am tempted by those extras. Still, between the TT releases and the Harryhausen box from Australia (which has the TT Sinbads plus the Sony 7th Voyage & Jason discs), they're going to have to be something special to lure me in for another purchase.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon

#5 Post by Eric Paddon »

That reviewers idiotic claptrap about present-day "Islamophobia" combined with an equally arrogant review of the "Laugh-In" set at DVD Talk is why henceforth I will never read these critics again. I have had enough of these bigots arrogantly presuming every film or TV fan is a goosestepping clone of themselves (maybe I should ask him if Muslim terrorists who shout "Allahu Akbar" before they murder innocent people are the kind of characters one might find in a Sinbad film? Of course only a certified moron would presume that fantasy characters from a fantasy world of the medieval period somehow represent a greater truth for the 21st century than what actually happens in the real world!)

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

The set is terrific. Ive seen the TT and Aussie TIGER Blu Rays and I'm not sure where this notion they used an ancient master is coming from. Currently the Bluray.com board is filled with people saying it, but I've seen them all and while there are speckles and more dirt in this transfer, the image is also brighter and more colorful. Not a ton of difference there anyway and it's possible there's less clean up work on it, but in general I found it just fine. Go figure!

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:The set is terrific. Ive seen the TT and Aussie TIGER Blu Rays and I'm not sure where this notion they used an ancient master is coming from. Currently the Bluray.com board is filled with people saying it, but I've seen them all and while there are speckles and more dirt in this transfer, the image is also brighter and more colorful. Not a ton of difference there anyway and it's possible there's less clean up work on it, but in general I found it just fine. Go figure!
I have mine on order through PH. Looking forward to getting this set. This should be attractive to overseas customers, seeing as this is also region free.

John Johnson

#8 Post by John Johnson »