Rockford Files - Blu-ray Complete Series (June)

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Rockford Files - Blu-ray Complete Series (June)

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Never watched this show...Little bit before my time...So is it pretty much formula "every episode is the same" 70s crime procedural? Or still holds up?

Good to see Mill Creek dropping this on Blu Ray nevertheless...The price btw will certainly come down ahead of it. You should be able to find it for $69 or less within a few weeks of release if prior MC Blu Rays are any indication.

http://amzn.to/2oRCTMg

Eric Paddon

Re: Rockford Files - Blu-ray Complete Series (June)

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

Although I'm a big fan of many of the Universal cop/detective shows of the 70s, "Rockford Files" I have never warmed up to in part because I've never really cared for Garner away from "Maverick" which was his signature role. And "Rockford" like the other 70s cop/detective shows was a series that relied on the TV-Q presence of its star than the nature of the scripts. Rockford was the anti-Mannix who never used his fists to get out of trouble. You have to really like Garner to like the show and if you don't warm up to him, then the show's going to be more tedious. Gretchen Corbett, in the recurring role of attorney Beth Davenport, who'd be bailing him out of trouble, was always an appealing presence (especially if you've seen her "Columbo" and "Wonder Woman" guest shots!)

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

God, give us an HD Amazing Stories, already! :? It's only two damn seasons!

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Preorder price down to $56. Will drop even further after release too.

Eric Paddon

#5 Post by Eric Paddon »

Amazon finally changed their policy so you can use credits on pre-orders so that meant I got my pre-order in for just $30!

KevinEK

#6 Post by KevinEK »

I've always been more partial to Magnum PI than to Rockford.
Although one of our Post guys told me that he actually took the Rockford Files Main Title and laid it over the Magnum credits once, and it fit perfectly...
Rockford is one of the first places we can see Tom Selleck, in the role of PI Lance White, who was the good looking investigator that Rockford wasn't.
Personally, I've always enjoyed Garner, but never really took much time with Rockford.

My real question is when Mill Creek will go ahead and put Magnum on Blu for the US.