ROBOCOP...Again...This Time With A "Real" Sequel

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

ROBOCOP...Again...This Time With A "Real" Sequel

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Straight reboots seem to be on the way out, and the soft-reboot/re-quel route is in. Looks like MGM wasted their cash on the ROBOCOP remake of a couple of years ago, as they're trying to tap into the well one more time with a DIRECTLY CONNECTED re-quel to the Verhoeven film! Should've done that the first time...
According to Ed Neumeier, who wrote the script for the 1987 film, studio MGM is exploring ways to get back to that past version of murdered cop-turned-crime-fighting-cyborg Alex Murphy. "It’s nice that people are still interested in RoboCop and they have me working on a new one at MGM right now so maybe we’ll get another one out of it," says Neumeier in an interview with Zeitgeist that was spotted by the Den Of Geek team. "We’re not supposed to say too much. There’s been a bunch of other RoboCop movies and there was recently a remake, and I would say this would be kind of going back to the old RoboCop we all love and starting there and going forward. So it’s a continuation really of the first movie, in my mind. So it’s a little bit more of the old school thing."
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/rob ... uel-works/

Monterey Jack

Re: ROBOCOP...Again...This Time With A "Real" Sequel

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Same crap, different decade...remember when Halloween: H20 was billed as the "real" sequel to the original Halloween, ignoring every sequel that came after Halloween II? Well now there's a new "real sequel" coming out in time for the fortieth anniversary that will likely ignore that movie. :roll:

And yet we can't get a "real" sequel to Aliens because Ridley Scott was too busy ruining his own prequel series. :x

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Ugh don't remind me. We get all the crap we DON'T want, but the one we DO, we can't have. :evil:

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

No.... just no.