Jim Caviezel Confirms Return in Mel Gibson's PASSION Sequel

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Jim Caviezel Confirms Return in Mel Gibson's PASSION Sequel

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Fascinating...

http://www.wnd.com/2018/01/jim-caviezel ... n-history/
Jim Caviezel, who stunned the world with his portrayal of Jesus in the 2004 blockbuster “The Passion of the Christ,” is now confirming he’s on board with director Mel Gibson for a sequel, and predicts it will be “the biggest film in history.”

“There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience,” the 49-year-old actor told USA Today. “It’s great. Stay tuned.”

Both Gibson and Caviezel have not said much about the story focusing on the resurrection of Christ, but the star indicated he’s encouraged by the direction the project is taking.

“I won’t tell you how he’s going to go about it,” Caviezel said of Gibson. “But I’ll tell you this much, the film he’s going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good.”

Eric Paddon

Re: Jim Caviezel Confirms Return in Mel Gibson's PASSION Sequel

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

I hope for the best with this project. POTC is in my opinion one of the greatest films ever made and a follow-up with Cavaziel would be well worth seeing.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Caviezel popped up and provided a quick update in this Fox News interview --

https://www.foxnews.com/media/passion-o ... -final-cut
"Fifth draft," revealed Caviezel. "It's going to be a masterpiece. It's gonna be the biggest film in world history, I believe it will be based on what I feel in my heart.

"It's so imperative in this time. These films can't be made now," he said, suggesting that the film industry overlooks biblical films. "The films they make are Marvel Comics movies. You'll see Superman. You won't see Jesus... I got to play the greatest superhero there ever was."

mkaroly

#4 Post by mkaroly »

So it will be based on Acts of the Apostles...I wish them the best with the project. I hope whatever studio Gibson goes through doesn't muck it up (please stay away from Disney!!).

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm sure Disney wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!

Mel will be able to get independent financing for this, no problem, just like the original. Even today there will be ample interest for a sequel to a massively successful commercial film like The Passion.