AMC Unauthorized Release?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Neo Rasa

AMC Unauthorized Release?

#1 Post by Neo Rasa »

Someone came into the store today and traded in "AMC Monsterfest Collection 3: Cult Classics." This is the collection that contains three DVDs with two movies each. Night of the Living Dead, Carnival of Souls, Night Tide, House on Haunted Hill, Bluebeard and Chamber of Horrors.

I already got it because I don't own any of those movies on DVD and it cost me $10 ( :shock: ), but when I went to www.dvdaficionado.com to add it to my collection, it's labelled as an "UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE." What's the deal with that? All the other AMC DVD releases/collections are listed as normal, but this particular one doesn't even have cover art.

Was this collection not supposed to be distributed for some reason? Why is it unauthorized? How many are in circulation? Anyone have any ideas where to start finding out about this?

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Hey Neo,

I've seen those AMC MONSTERFEST DVD comps -- I was under the assumption they're legit, because all the movies on them (as well as all the other AMC branded cheap DVD compilations) are public domain titles.

I didn't think Vol. 3 was any different...same rules apply to all those flicks. Maybe dvdaficionado erred??

I'll do some checking and find out if otherwise...

Andy