ACK! I spoiled myself!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
JSWalsh

ACK! I spoiled myself!

#1 Post by JSWalsh »

I accidentally read something about how THE SHIELD ends. :(

I thought it was a summary of the previous season, which I've seen, and wanted to see the summarizer's comments--but it was of THIS season!

WHAAAAA! :x

The (slight) silver lining is...it's ending almost precisely as I predicted it would.
John

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

IMO, unlike THE SOPRANOS, that is how a series should end :)

Castile

#3 Post by Castile »

I've never seen an episode of this show, but my nephew came stomping down the stairs the other night after watching the finale, pissed off about how it had ended. :(

My curiosity rises... 8)

JSWalsh

#4 Post by JSWalsh »

Now I'm torn between reading about it, since as I said I predicted this ending, or just waiting until the DVD shows up.

I know I SHOULD wait, but my curiosity will lead to a death-of-a-thousand -cuts and I'll read a little here, a little there, thinking I'm not learning TOO much...and in the end, the result will be the same, I'll have then whole damned thing spoiled for me!
John

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Castile wrote:I've never seen an episode of this show, but my nephew came stomping down the stairs the other night after watching the finale, pissed off about how it had ended. :(

My curiosity rises... 8)
From what I've seen, just going with the consensus, the majority of fans I've read seemed to have been quite satisfied with it.

Castile

#6 Post by Castile »

AndyDursin wrote:
Castile wrote:I've never seen an episode of this show, but my nephew came stomping down the stairs the other night after watching the finale, pissed off about how it had ended. :(

My curiosity rises... 8)
From what I've seen, just going with the consensus, the majority of fans I've read seemed to have been quite satisfied with it.
We can be very emotional TV viewers around here. Baseball games are hell. :D

JSWalsh

#7 Post by JSWalsh »

I can always get a laugh out of my younger brother by imitating my father's way of watching a baseball game. It was like a Sam Kinison performance, full of "What the **** are you doing you ***** *******?!" and "You **** birdbrain!" (I've always found the term "birdbrain" absolutely hilarious.)

I'm a silent movie watcher myself. One of my older brothers is the worst person to watch anything with. The other night, he turned on IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD, which I despise. He was actually talking about upcoming scenes DURING the movie, and worse, he was talking about moments to come in scenes as they played.

That's my idea of hell--you're stuck watching a movie with someone who talks about OTHER scenes in the movie as you're watching it. It's like having two different CD players playing the same CD at different points.
John

JSWalsh

#8 Post by JSWalsh »

BTW, for a variation on this view of hell, read Jonathan Carroll's short story "The Jane Fonda Room."
John

Castile

#9 Post by Castile »

JSWalsh wrote:I can always get a laugh out of my younger brother by imitating my father's way of watching a baseball game. It was like a Sam Kinison performance, full of "What the **** are you doing you ***** *******?!" and "You **** birdbrain!" (I've always found the term "birdbrain" absolutely hilarious.)
I'm a fan of "chowderhead," myself. :D

My dad was the same way with baseball. Often I just had to leave the room. The funniest would be when Dad would be in the living room, I'd be in the kitchen (having fled the living room) and my nephews would be upstairs with a bunch of their friends, all of us watching the same game. Inevitably there would be a horror-show moment on the field and the yellling would erupt all over the house. I often wondered how that sounded to anyone who happened to be passing by outside.