Yawn...CREEPSHOW Remake Upcoming

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Yawn...CREEPSHOW Remake Upcoming

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm not a fan of either CREEPSHOW -- and especially that hideous sequel -- but here we go again...

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story ... 70,00.html

romanD

#2 Post by romanD »

what a silly idea to remake 5 shortfilms! :-) But I love the first Creepshow... the way they toy around with the lightnings is absolutely marvellous and THE CRATE gave me sleepless nights for weeks when I saw it back then.
Cant really remember the sequel...

really don't know why and how a remake of the first one should be done... well, it probably will end up more or less just as a sequel, but apparently the rights for a sequel are at some other company as a part 3 has already been made... by the some hacks who did an official sequel to DAY OF THE DEAD.. an absolute insult, one of the worst movies ever (that sequel that is... it's called DAY OF THE DEAD 2: CONTAGIOUS)!).

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Yawn...more mindless complaining about remakes. :wink:

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:Yawn...more mindless complaining about remakes. :wink:
I'm not complaining. Merely yawning at the propsects of seeing every-other-genre film from the late '70s on in process of being remade...we're absolutely entering new territory now with the amount of remakes in production. I can't think of another point in film history (except for the dawn of sound) when so many previously-shot films were being re-done.

Carlson2005

#5 Post by Carlson2005 »

Does that mean we can look forward to a new version of Lifeforce with Tori Spelling in the Mathilda May role? :shock:

romanD

#6 Post by romanD »

lol... what a wonderful idea... :-)

hm, what else hasn't been announced yet? Im sure there will be remakes of FRIGHT NIGHT... oh, btw NEAR DARK remake is in the works... well, I think that has enough room for improvements, never liked it much... but wait a minute.. wasn't the horrible FORSAKEN already a remake of it? :-)

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS gets more or less a remake with SLITHER (though the trailer looks like a lot of fun and actually a lot like a movie from the 80ies)...

there are again serious plans for a HALLOWEEN remake... which sounds like the silliest idea ever... we had that movie already 8 times!

I guess we also get VAMP remade and RE-Animator...

then I guess there is nothing left anymore...

well, bring on THE BLOB damnit... it's been in the works for so long now! And I really want that cool monster back on screen!

Torrance

#7 Post by Torrance »

I agree with Andy - I think the whole horror remake situation now is now getting WAY out of hand! I mean - in a few years pretty much every genre film from the 70s and 80s will be re-done - and only a handful will be worth our time and money.

As far as other horror films yet to be re-done - wasn't there supposed to be a HOWLING remake in the works a couple of years back? Thankfully that seems to have died down, but I'm sure it'll resurface - I'm waiting for someone to rescue HELLRAISER from direct-to-video oblivion and give it a big-screen remake ... i'm sure that'll happen. And then they'll probably re-do AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON? Maybe do another TWILIGHT ZONE - THE MOVIE? How about resurrecting the CRITTERS franchise? THE FLY is one film that should never be considered to be remade - Cronenberg's 1986 version could not be improved upon I believe - OK, so it's not a true horror film, more a psychological thriller with a great deal of gore - but it's still hard to imagine a more unsettling movie made from the premise.

BTW - RomanD - I thought exactly the same thing watching the SLITER trailer - it looks exactly like that unsung classic NIGHT OF THE CREEPS and SLITHER looks like it was made in 1986 itself, which is a major plus in my book. This looks like one film that may actually contain a few scares, as opposed to the legion of forgettable horrors around lately.

Also - I think remaking CREEPSHOW is pointless - I'm not sure if they're going to be using the same stories but I would guess that they'll change it so much that it'll be an "in-name-only" remake - hopefully they'll remain faithful to the original but I'm guessing the end result will be another waste of two hours for horror fans.

BTW - THE MONSTER SQUAD is a prime candidate to be re-done ... maybe its not well-known enough to be remade, but you never know!
And they rode on ... in the frisculating dusklight