What's New In Your Collection? (CDs Only!)

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

#16 Post by Monterey Jack »

The Pessimist wrote: Are those hers? :shock:
Mariah's definitely had some "work" done in that area. :wink: Witness her much more modest bustline circa 1991:

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. 8)

JSWalsh

#17 Post by JSWalsh »

There's a not-all-there quality about Mariah Carey that makes her unattractive to me.

Megan Fox, on the other hand, has an all-there-unfortunately quality. I find her about as hot as an ice cream scoop, because she keeps TELLING us how hot she is.
John

John Johnson

#18 Post by John Johnson »

JSWalsh wrote:There's a not-all-there quality about Mariah Carey that makes her unattractive to me.

Megan Fox, on the other hand, has an all-there-unfortunately quality. I find her about as hot as an ice cream scoop, because she keeps TELLING us how hot she is.
And then of course there's her thumb.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/11/megan-fox-thumb-photos/
London. Greatest City in the world.

JSWalsh

#19 Post by JSWalsh »

John Johnson wrote:
And then of course there's her thumb.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/11/megan-fox-thumb-photos/
THAT'S A MAN, BAYBEE!
John

Eric Paddon

#20 Post by Eric Paddon »

Ahem....to bring the thread back on topic. :)

Took advantage of this week's FSM sale at SAE with "Jericho" (hadn't realized it was a short-lived 60s TV show which makes it a must since TV show music of this era is fascinating me more and more) and "Hawkins/Babe".

JSWalsh

#21 Post by JSWalsh »

I LOVE the WINTER KILL score on that one. The main title is kinda goofy with that synth but I love the whole thing.
John

Monterey Jack

#22 Post by Monterey Jack »

JSWalsh wrote: Megan Fox, on the other hand, has an all-there-unfortunately quality. I find her about as hot as an ice cream scoop, because she keeps TELLING us how hot she is.
Seperated at birth...? :shock:

Monterey Jack

#23 Post by Monterey Jack »

JSWalsh wrote:I LOVE the WINTER KILL score on that one. The main title is kinda goofy with that synth but I love the whole thing.
That whole CD is a great value for the money, both for the variety and quality of the music (Babe is like prime Georges Delerue...it's basically just one theme, but it's an achingly beautiful one) and the stunning fact that all three scores are in stereo! :shock: For mid-70's TV productions, that's pretty amazing, and the sound quality on FSM's CD sparkles.

John Johnson

#24 Post by John Johnson »

I received the score to Dracula AD1972 today. Booklet was signed by Caroline Munro and Mike Vickers. Well worth the wait from BSX.

mkaroly

#25 Post by mkaroly »

Received AIRPLANE! and MARS ATTACKS! I was driving yesterday afternoon and was at a stoplight. MY car radio was blaring out the Main Titles from MARS ATTACKS! and some person in the lane beside me had their window opened and had to have heard every bit of it. I started wondering how many cars were at a stoplight at that very moments blaring the Main Titles of a film score which unsuspecting people around them in other cars could hear. What were the chances??? I wanted to turn and look at the person in the other car but I wouldn't have been able to do it without laughing, so I kept my eyes forward. Anyway, I just busted out laughing when I drove away...I guess you had to be there as the whole thing just struck me as funny.

Also bought two Delirious? albums, Kingdom of Comfort and My Soul Sings.

The Pessimist

#26 Post by The Pessimist »

John Johnson wrote:I received the score to Dracula AD1972 today. Booklet was signed by Caroline Munro and Mike Vickers. Well worth the wait from BSX.
It strikes me as nothing short of mystifying how long that company takes to send you the merchandise.
'Sorry about that one.' -Ed Wood

John Johnson

#27 Post by John Johnson »

The Pessimist wrote:
John Johnson wrote:I received the score to Dracula AD1972 today. Booklet was signed by Caroline Munro and Mike Vickers. Well worth the wait from BSX.
It strikes me as nothing short of mystifying how long that company takes to send you the merchandise.
The booklets had to be sent to England to be signed. I'm happy enough to have waited this long. All in all, another good release from BSX. With the exception of one title, I haven't had much of a problem with them.

The Pessimist

#28 Post by The Pessimist »

John Johnson wrote:
The Pessimist wrote:
The booklets had to be sent to England to be signed. I'm happy enough to have waited this long. All in all, another good release from BSX. With the exception of one title, I haven't had much of a problem with them.
I was referring to the general month to two months it takes for them to deliver the non-signed CD's. I think they have an advantage in having a catalog of goods that no one else does, but the wait is something else. I guess I can somewhat see the customer who doesn't mind waiting, but the experience I've had and heard from several at FSM makes me wonder.
'Sorry about that one.' -Ed Wood

JSWalsh

#29 Post by JSWalsh »

Something I've gotten recently in my itunes orgy from the library (doesn't cost anything, and I've added about 20,000 songs to my collection) that I bet everyone here would enjoy is the Yo-Yo Ma performance of Taverner's THE PROTECTING VEIL. I've loved this music for over a decade, and Ma's performance is outstanding.

Everytime I decide to try to list some of the most recent things I've acquired, I realize it's pointless when I haven't really listened to 90% of them yet.

I've been listening to the SOMETHING WICKED Cd, and I can't really get a fix on it. I remembered the Darth Vader's Theme-like theme from the radio ad way back when, but the rest...it's not really doing much for me. But I've been revising my opinion of Horner again of late (downward), so maybe that's bleed-through.
John

Monterey Jack

#30 Post by Monterey Jack »

Got the new Intrada In Harm's Way and the FSM Jericho/The Ghostbreaker release (reduced to $14.95) yesterday. Ordered Something Wicked This Way Comes and the Frank Cordell Khartoum/Mosquito Squadron twofer ($14.95) last night.