METROPOLIS LE Blu-Ray from UK

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Jedbu

METROPOLIS LE Blu-Ray from UK

#1 Post by Jedbu »

Has anyone discovered if this will be all-region like some of Eureka's discs? Since Kino is bringing it out domestically, I was wondering if this will be strictly for European players. This restored version is astounding and puts the film into my top 20 all-time greats (the found footage put it there) and I cannot wait to see it again.

John Johnson

Re: METROPOLIS LE Blu-Ray from UK

#2 Post by John Johnson »

Eureka Entertainment have announced the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (Reconstructed & Restored) as part of their Masters of Cinema Series on 22nd November 2010. A "Holy Grail" among film finds, Metropolis is presented here in a newly reconstructed and restored version, as lavish and spectacular as ever thanks to the painstaking archival work of the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung and the discovery of 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world. Lang's enduring epic can finally be seen – for the first time in 83 years – as the director originally intended, and as seen by German cinema-goers in 1927.

Features include:
150-minute reconstructed and restored 2010 version (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world)
Separate DVD and BD editions with wraparound embossed sleeve, or Ltd Ed Steelbook Dual Format edition
Pristine new HD transfer (1080p on Blu-ray)
New 2010 symphony orchestra studio recording of the original 1927 Gottfried Huppertz score in 5.1
Newly translated optional English subtitles as well as the original German intertitles
Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010, 53 minutes), a documentary about the film
2010 re-release trailer
56-page booklet featuring archival interviews with Fritz Lang, a 1927 review by Luis Buñuel, articles by Jonathan Rosenbaum and Karen Naundorf, and restoration notes by Martin Koerber
And more!

RRP is £22.99 for the DVD, £24.99 for the Blu-ray, and £29.99 for the Dual Format Steelbook.

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/c ... ember.html
London. Greatest City in the world.

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

Looks gorgeous.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

I don't know if I'd import this strictly for the packaging, the US disc is going to be the same content wise I'd expect, though Kino's releases are expensive and their PR department flaky about sending review copies of anything. May have to grab that steelbook.