DVD2Blu Program Expands - Trade in ANY DVD, Get Blu for $5

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

DVD2Blu Program Expands - Trade in ANY DVD, Get Blu for $5

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Pretty nice selection of 100 titles for those new to the format.

Not every title is $5, but it's still a good deal.

Notes:
-You don't have to trade in the case, only the disc
-Free shipping if you spend $35 total on the Blu-Rays

What’s NEW? For the first time with DVD2BLU.com consumers can send in ANY DVD they own (produced by any studio/sold at retail, online) even those old dusty ones under their beds or in the garage and get a new Warner Bros. Blu-ray title in return for as low as $4.95.

Over 100 Blu-ray titles are available including Gran Torino, V For Vendetta, Superman II, Wedding Crashers, The Shining, and several other favorites.

Here’s how it works:

1. Visit DVD2BLU.com, view the selection of over 100 Blu-ray titles and pick the ones you want to add to your collection.
2. Dust off those unwanted DVDs you already own and send us one (Disc Only) for every Blu-ray you wish to own. Please note only professionally produced DVDs (anything from a major/independent studio sold at retail), non Adult content will qualify.
3. Go to check out for all of the final details and in a few weeks get your new Blu-ray(s).

Eric W.

Re: DVD2Blu Program Expands - Trade in ANY DVD, Get Blu for

#2 Post by Eric W. »

Good stuff.

Paul MacLean

#3 Post by Paul MacLean »

Great deal...though they don't yet seem to have anything I want (like Excalibur, Barry Lyndon, Dirty Harry movies, etc.)

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

Seeing as I have a handful of DVDs I have been unable to sell off over the years (including some documentary discs), this seems like a good deal, although I wish the selection was larger.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

Well, I took the plunge, and will be trading in four titles (including two documentary discs I have no use for) for Fringe: The Complete First Season, The Orphanage, Pan's Labyrinth and V For Vendetta, all for about $40. 8) Just getting Fringe for $20 is a great deal (and I can sell the DVD version I have at f.y.e. for about ten bucks). While I hope the selection expands before this offer ends, there are some good titles in here.
Last edited by Monterey Jack on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Good job MJ! If you're just building up your library this is a good deal IMO.

I'm into BD, and truth be told I've been liquidating my DVD collection over the last few months. The writing is on the wall I think in regards to where the DVD format is heading. BD is where HD is going, but for Standard-Def -- while there will still be DVDs for major titles for some time to come, catalog content is either going MOD (manufactured on demand) or streaming. And ultimately the latter is where a lot of things are headed...probably not HD for a long while to come, but it will take over where some DVDs would've gone, no doubt in my mind.

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

I've been slowly but surely swapping out my DVD discs for Blu-Rays whenever the upgrade seems worth it (i.e. not the botched, plastic-y HD transfers like Predator) and if the Blu version retains all of the extra content from the DVD version. :? I try to wait until I can get Blu titles for around $10 or less, and sell/trade in their DVD counterparts for a few bucks. Often over the last year I've found myself dumping a dozen or so DVD titles at a time at f.y.e. and getting store credits towards new Blu titles. Just last week I ended up getting the Blus of Hellboy, The Fly, Do The Right Thing and Slumdog Millionaire, all for about $35 using a "get $5 off of $35" coupon in addition to my usual 10% f.y.e. discount. 8)

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah the key with Blu-Ray is to wait for sales on either new or used. And inevitability they always happen.

Gohastings.com, when they have a free ship or flat-rate ship option going, is one of the better places (not so much when they don't) on the second-hand circuit.

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

Well, I finally got my Blus...two-and-a-half months after I ordered them. :evil: And the case for The Orphanage was totally shattered at the bottom (luckilly I have a box of replacement cases at the ready).

I don't know if I'll do this again if it's gonna take this long every time, despite the good prices. :? Plus, they didn't charge me until they shipped the discs, so I put money in the bank yesterday, only to be completely alarmed that there was a hundred less than what I had put in a week before. :shock: I really hate companies that don't charge you until the product is ready to ship...I'd rather just take the hit when I order and know when the money's going to be taken out of my checking account. What with this and several delayed soundtrack shipments, I was left practically destitute at the worst possible time.