HOW THE WEST WAS WON in High-Def -- Spectacular!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: HOW THE WEST WAS WON in High-Def -- Spectacular!

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

Eric Paddon wrote:I'll pay Target a visit (we only have one in the immediate vicinity) Saturday to see if they have it. At the very least, one can look at Barrie Chase in Blu-Ray quality! :D
Exactly!

Only Walmart has it though...don't want you to make a wasted trip to Target. :|

Eric Paddon

#17 Post by Eric Paddon »

It's the heat here that is causing that. :) Actually, that makes it more problematic because we don't have a Walmart nearby that I know of.

AndyDursin

#18 Post by AndyDursin »

Eric Paddon wrote:It's the heat here that is causing that. :) Actually, that makes it more problematic because we don't have a Walmart nearby that I know of.
It's not here yet (just foggy) but even the beaches are supposed to be damn hot tomorrow. Good thing we have central air now.

You can order the Blu-Ray online too -- just have to pay another $2.50 in shipping I believe. Or just wait until it shows up at Amazon in 6 months. With the Walmart exclusives I have them shipped-to-store (free shipping) and just pick them up when I'm driving by, which I usually do once a week.

Eric Paddon

#19 Post by Eric Paddon »

Andy, I've just heard on FSM that the Blu-Ray for Mad World doesn't have the Entr'acte. Is that correct? If it's true, then I'm afraid it just became a no-sale because if they can't keep something that's always been part of even the standard cut, then that's just a bad presentation.

AndyDursin

#20 Post by AndyDursin »

Eric Paddon wrote:Andy, I've just heard on FSM that the Blu-Ray for Mad World doesn't have the Entr'acte. Is that correct? If it's true, then I'm afraid it just became a no-sale because if they can't keep something that's always been part of even the standard cut, then that's just a bad presentation.
It's how MGM transferred it. The "Overture" song is included against a black screen, but it doesn't have the Entra'cte or the Intermission. This is regrettably how MGM transferred it for HDTV broadcasts.

Eric Paddon

#21 Post by Eric Paddon »

I almost wonder if that was because the Intermission segue has the lyric, "Now step into the lobby, for whatever is your hobby. A drink A SMOKE, or repeat a joke, from a Mad, Mad, Mad Mad World!"

I mean literally given the present-day attitude on smoking, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep out something that would "encourage smoking."

AndyDursin

#22 Post by AndyDursin »

Just to be clear -- there is a pause for the intermission, but the Intermission itself -- the music that would've played there -- is gone. The movie resumes as soon as it says Intermission, which is how it always plays on TV (at least as far as I've seen).

Eric Paddon

#23 Post by Eric Paddon »

Appreciate the clarification. I think I'm going to pass. The movie has never been a favorite of mine to the same degree "The Great Race" is, and on whatever rare occasion I'm going to find time to watch the film, I'm going to want to see the longer cut.