George Lucas' Red Tails Trailer

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

George Lucas' Red Tails Trailer

#1 Post by John Johnson »

The first trailer for Lucasfilm's WWII war drama Red Tails has been released by 20th Century Fox. The film tells the story of the Tuskegee Airmen, the first all Black aviation squadron to fight for the U.S. Starring in the film is Cuba Gooding Jr., Terrence Howard, Bryan Cranston and Nate Parker. The film is being helmed by Anthony Hemingway, best known for his television directing on shows such as CSI: NY and The Wire.

The trailer reveals many of the elaborate air combat scenes in the film, which have been constructed by Industrial Light and Magic. Red Tails also marks a quick return to the director's chair for Lucas, who was forced to step in for Hemingway for reshoots when the TV director was obligated to direct episodes of HBO's Treme. Lucas and producer Rick McCallum have opted once again to shoot the entire project digitally.

Red Tails will hit theaters early next year on January 20th, 2012.

[youtube]BpA6TC0T_Lw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6978
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

Re: George Lucas' Red Tails Trailer

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Actually looks good!

Paul MacLean

#3 Post by Paul MacLean »

Who's doing the score?

And did you catch the TIE fighter sound effect at 1:55? :mrgreen:

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

As far as "black experiences in WWII" movies go, I certainly hope this is better than Spike Lee's dreadful Miracle At St. Anna, but the January release date is not encouraging. Great F/X, though.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:As far as "black experiences in WWII" movies go, I certainly hope this is better than Spike Lee's dreadful Miracle At St. Anna, but the January release date is not encouraging. Great F/X, though.
I don't know, times have changed a little, decent movies get released in January these days. It's no longer exclusively the "dumping grounds" it used to be.

I honestly have little expectations for this film since it's been in the can or in production forever, but visually it looks spectacular. The aerial footage by itself ought to be worth seeing on the big screen so long as it's not in 3-D. That by itself instantly makes it more worthwhile than the Spike Lee joint you refer to. :lol:

mkaroly

#6 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote:I honestly have little expectations for this film since it's been in the can or in production forever, but visually it looks spectacular. The aerial footage by itself ought to be worth seeing on the big screen so long as it's not in 3-D. That by itself instantly makes it more worthwhile than the Spike Lee joint you refer to. :lol:
If Lucas directed it, that's a big negative. The battle scenes do look cool but I won't be seeing this in the theater. However, any movie not made by Spike Lee is better than any movie made by Spike Lee (including movies directed by George Lucas)! 8)

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Lucas only directed re-shoots, one of the Battlestar Galactica directors (pretty well regarded) is the credited director.