DIE HARD 5, TAKEN 2 and Other Fox Releases

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

DIE HARD 5, TAKEN 2 and Other Fox Releases

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

And another horrible title! John Moore is a hack too...

20th Century Fox has set A Good Day To Die Hard for a February 14, 2013 release, the highlight of several pictures the studio has just dated on its release calendar. Bruce Willis is set to reprise his role as John McClane in the John Moore-directed film, and casting is just getting underway for the role of his son, John McClane Jr, which has the agencies abuzz because of the opportunity for a young actor to make a mark.

Fox has dated the Liam Neeson-starrer Taken 2 to open Columbus Day weekend, on October 5, 2012; the Curtis Hanson-directed surfing film Of Men & Mavericks will open October 26, 2012 with Gerard Butler starring; the Billy Crystal/Bette Midler comedy Parental Guidance will bow November 21, 2012 for Thanksgiving; Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will open March 27, 2013, which is the Wednesday leading into Easter weekend; and Walking With Dinosaurs has moved to the Columbus Day weekend

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/fox-dat ... y-14-2013/

mkaroly

Re: DIE HARD 5 Set for February 2013

#2 Post by mkaroly »

"...the Billy Crystal/Bette Midler comedy Parental Guidance will bow November 21, 2012 for Thanksgiving..."

Sounds like a real winner.... :roll:

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

A February release date?! :?

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

TAKEN was a big hit and that was a January or February release I believe.

I guess they are trying to follow the same pattern...and also feel that the project has a certain ceiling (I mean, it IS the fifth film in the series with an aging Bruce Willis). Whether it gets to $100+ mil in the summer or winter domestically, it won't matter. Sounds like they're trying to pair him up, again, with a younger lead...which I guess means Mary Elizabeth must have other plans (and Justin Long too?).

I am shocked they're bothering to do a PERCY JACKSON sequel...TAKEN 2 isn't surprising. Here's the plot description of the latter:

20th Century Fox has announced that the sequel to Liam Neeson's "Taken" action thriller will be released on October 5th, 2012. Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen will all return to reprise their roles.

Plot: Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, the retired CIA agent with a particular set of skills who stopped at nothing to save his daughter Kim from Albanian kidnappers. When the father of one of the kidnappers swears revenge, and takes Bryan and his wife (Famke) hostage during their family vacation in Istanbul, Bryan enlists Kim (Grace) to help them escape, and uses the same advanced level of special forces tactics to get his family to safety and systematically take out the kidnappers one by one.

Olivier Megaton (Colombiana, Transporter 3) has been brought on to direct the sequel from a script by Luc Besson (The Fifth Element, The Professional) and Robert Mark Kamen (The Karate Kid).

Eric W.

Re: DIE HARD 5, TAKEN 2 and Other Fox Releases

#5 Post by Eric W. »

Taken 2 and Die Hard 5 all have potential but yeah, the Die Hard title is terrible and I'll absolutely weep if I see Shia get the nod for McClane, Jr.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Eric W. wrote:Taken 2 and Die Hard 5 all have potential but yeah, the Die Hard title is terrible and I'll absolutely weep if I see Shia get the nod for McClane, Jr.
He's probably out of their price range. Not going to happen.

Eric W.

#7 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:
Eric W. wrote:Taken 2 and Die Hard 5 all have potential but yeah, the Die Hard title is terrible and I'll absolutely weep if I see Shia get the nod for McClane, Jr.
He's probably out of their price range. Not going to happen.
Good.

Monterey Jack

#8 Post by Monterey Jack »

They should have gone with Old Habits Die Hard as a title, but the studio was probably skittish about using the word "old" in the title of the fifth film in a nearly 25-year-old franchise.

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:They should have gone with Old Habits Die Hard as a title, but the studio was probably skittish about using the word "old" in the title of the fifth film in a nearly 25-year-old franchise.
I like that one better MJ!

Monterey Jack

#10 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:
Monterey Jack wrote:They should have gone with Old Habits Die Hard as a title, but the studio was probably skittish about using the word "old" in the title of the fifth film in a nearly 25-year-old franchise.
It was actually used as a tagline for one of the previous sequels, but I can't remember which one at the moment. And it fits perfectly well with the John McClane character, the analogue cop in an increasingly digital world.

AndyDursin

#11 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:
It was actually used as a tagline for one of the previous sequels, but I can't remember which one at the moment. And it fits perfectly well with the John McClane character, the analogue cop in an increasingly digital world.
I hope Bonnie Bedelia comes back this time.

I'm guessing Long is out if they need another male lead...

Monterey Jack

#12 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: I hope Bonnie Bedelia comes back this time.
That's always something that bugged me about the last two...no Holly. Plus, it's time to bring back Al Powell and his bag of Twinkees. :wink:
I'm guessing Long is out if they need another male lead...
Good riddance. Unneccesary character, poorly-acted.

Eric W.

#13 Post by Eric W. »

Old Habits Die Hard is a fantastic title. They really need to go to that or something like it. There's still time. Heck, drop 'em an email. It can't hurt. ;)

Definitely been missing Holly and Al Powell in this series. Hope they come back.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0040472/

^^ Remember William Atherton as the sleazy Richard Thornbergh? He's another person I've missed big time in this series.

Edmund Kattak

#14 Post by Edmund Kattak »

BRUCE WILLIS in ONLY CAR BATTERIES DIE HARD

and tie in automobiles as the McGuffin.
Indeed,
Ed