THE THING Trailer - Remake City After All

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric W.

Re: THE THING Trailer - Remake City After All

#16 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:New trailer looks even more CGI-ish
Goes without saying.
than the previous one...not sure if this is getting my dollars or not.
Definitely not getting mine unless I really hear some shockingly amazing feedback. Not holding my breath.

AndyDursin

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

The reviews are mostly bad aside from a few here and there that enjoyed it...that said, my cold and CGI special effects that apparently suck will be keeping me and my $10.50 away this weekend. (Admittedly my interest died after I saw the last trailer).

I'll give it a look when I get it gratis in a couple of months on Blu-Ray...until then MJ let me know if I missed anything (I am going to guess I'm not going to).

mkaroly

#18 Post by mkaroly »

I'm passing on this. The one aspect of THE THING that really stuck out to me (and that I really liked) was that it was a guy movie...no women, no relationships...just male bonding and a monster. I am totally turned off by the fact that there is a female character in this movie. Maybe she's there to pull in a different demographic; in that case, they should have made a different film. No sale here.

I'm not against love stories or female characters BTW. This was just one of those rare movies that worked without a female character or a romantic subplot. One every now and then is not a bad thing.

AndyDursin

#19 Post by AndyDursin »

Truth be told Mary Elizabeth Winstead is one of the few reasons I do want to see the movie...but it still looks like the same scenes from the Carpenter movie just reworked under the guise of a "prequel" when it's really more of a remake.

Monterey Jack

#20 Post by Monterey Jack »

Considering I don't have a day off from work until next Saturday, I don't know if I'll see this in theaters after all. Next weekend I'll probably be seeing Paranormal Activity 3. The mediocre reviews have killed a lot of the cautious optimism I had for this.