24: THE MOVIE Details

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

24: THE MOVIE Details

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Kiefer Sutherland has revealed to UK press outlet The Sun that he will film the movie version of US series drama "24" in London.

Sutherland says "The shoot will take place in London and Prague. Then we will use Morocco as a location - probably as an aspect of the Middle East. We'll do the filming a year from now."

Its expected the shoot will get underway March/April next year during the show's hiatus. This would put the film on course for a release either late 2007 or Summer 2008 - during or after the show's seventh season.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060505r.php

At least he's out of L.A., right? :)

Torrance

#2 Post by Torrance »

I'll all for a 24 movie ... but I heard that the movie will be still set over a 24 hour period so obviously not in real time - which is true to the series i guess, but does anyone think they should call this 124 instead and have the scenario play out in real time over 124 minutes? that would be far better than sticking to the 24 hour format of the series. But either way, i'm sure the movie will be just as good as the series if it's made.
And they rode on ... in the frisculating dusklight

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

I just hope that, even if the film gets an R rating, we'll get to hear Jack yelling "DAMMIT!" a couple dozen times. :wink:

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Jack needs to get out of L.A., give the show some twists (which the series proper badly needs at this point, too), and likewise forget about CTU and Presidential conspiracies. We've been down that road now almost every year!

I think the movie is a great sounding idea -- it also ought to be standalone, unlike the X-FILES film. I'm also guessing they'll be shooting for a PG-13 all the way so they don't alienate some younger viewers, since the series does well with its demographic and no need to lose pennies by excluding some of them. (Of course you could argue some of the episodes have bordered on an R-rating as they've been shown on network TV!).