Intrada releases AMAZING STORIES original soundtracks!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Paul MacLean

Intrada releases AMAZING STORIES original soundtracks!

#1 Post by Paul MacLean »

A cryptic post on the Film Score Monthly message board recently spoke of "Intrada's most ambitious release", which was forthcoming. Well, today it was announced...

AMAZING STORIES: ANTHOLOGY ONE

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 32
Date: 1986-1987
Tracks: 63
Time = 135:04

2-CD first volume of original soundtracks from legendary Steven Spielberg presentation featuring top drawer roster of directors (Eastwood, Scorsese, Zemeckis, Dante, others) plus Spielberg himself. Equally prestigious composer lineup includes John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Danny Elfman, Bruce Broughton, Michael Kamen, Alan Silvestri, Thomas Newman, Georges Delerue, Leonard Rosenman, John Addison, David Shire, many others. Highlights on initial set include rhapsodic and complex "Ghost Train" (Williams), exciting and flavorful "Alamo Jobe" (Horner), intense and powerful "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Broughton), quirky and outlandish "Mummy, Daddy" (Elfman). Intrada series offers complete scores presented in magnificent stereo from state-of-the-art master elements, presents fully-indexed tracks within lengthy suites featuring every original cue by respective composer. Comprehensive Intrada series also offers rousing John Williams main titles, bumpers & logos plus alternates. Colorful booklet includes liner notes by TV expert Jon Burlingame with full episode details, background on Spielberg production, recording dates, more. Lavish presentation made possible through Herculean efforts of Universal, Amblin Entertainment, American Federation of Musicians and Intrada. The greatest single assemblage of composers in TV history. More volumes on the way, too! Special limited edition of 3000 copies!

****Complete track titles and details inside booklet.****

CD 1 [64:31]
01 AMAZING STORIES Main Title (John Williams) 1:02
02-07 GHOST TRAIN (John Williams) [15:45]
08-11 ALAMO JOBE (James Horner) [10:01]
12-19 GATHER YE ACORNS (Bruce Broughton) [18:37]
20-25 THE DOLL (Georges Delerue) [10:09]
26-30 THE AMAZING FALSWORTH (Billy Goldenberg) [8:47]

CD 2 [70:33]
01 AMAZING STORIES Bumper #1 (John Williams) 0:04
02-08 MOVING DAY (David Shire) [13:41]
09-13 WITHOUT DIANA (Georges Delerue) [12:39]
14-21 MUMMY, DADDY (Danny Elfman & Steve Bartek) [13:26]
22-25 VANESSA IN THE GARDEN (Lennie Niehaus) [13:23]
26-31 WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE (Bruce Broughton) [16:04]
32 AMAZING STORIES End Credits (John Williams) 0:29
33 AMBLIN Logo (John Williams) 0:15

I already ordered mine!

Paul

Monterey Jack

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Please please PLEASE let John Williams' The Mission be on vol. 2...

I'm selling my copy of the Varese rerecording today. :D

Eric W.

#3 Post by Eric W. »

Doh! I made this thread in the other section.

Oh well, you can't repeat good news enough! :D

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

What an EXCELLENT job by Intrada. For film score fans this is as significant a release as they've ever produced.

Monty, I would not worry about THE MISSION. I'm sure they'll hold it over to drive up sales for future volumes, and I can't say that I blame them. I also hope one of my favorite scores -- Thomas Newman's SANTA '85 -- also ends up on there, but with Doug Fake driving the bus I'm not concerned. ALAMO JOBE was a weak episode and I can't recall much about Horner's music in it whatsoever, but the Delerue scores, MUMMY DADDY, and GHOST TRAIN (while not as significant as THE MISSION) make this a must-have, pure and simple.

That Varese recording left a lot to be desired...especially how the piano and orchestra are totally out of synch in the End Credits cue...so I'm looking forward to disposing of that CD asap!

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

I also noticed that Roger Fiegelson mentioned on the FSM board that there are 3 volumes of 2-CD sets coming...that would make sense!

Eric W.

#6 Post by Eric W. »

Merge threads?

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

EricRWem wrote:Merge threads?
Not sure I can so I just deleted the General Chit Chat one...no worries :)

mkaroly

#8 Post by mkaroly »

Wow- this is very exciting news! Way to go Intrada!! :D

John Johnson

#9 Post by John Johnson »

Once again, Intrada is the label to watch. I placed my order today. This CD will go fast.

Monterey Jack

#10 Post by Monterey Jack »

Finally got this in the mail yesterday. The sound quality is exquisite, and the music is excellent across the board. I just wish that Intrada would announce the release date of vol. 2 soon. One of the very best soundtrack projects of 2006. Now, if someone would just do the same lavish presentation with Shirley Walker and company's music to Batman: The Animated Series, I'd die a happy young man. :wink: